• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED Switches, Official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my window switch, which I did in blue, one of the LEDs degraded into purple. Hopefully, it's not happening with anyone else, and it's just a bad LED. If anyone receives any switches that don't work or don't act right, contact me right away.

No one has shown any interest in these for awhile. Is it because of Christmas coming up? Is everyone waiting till after the holidays when the money flow gets back to normal? :p

i was getting ready to send my defroster switch and moon roof switch but I saw how you said your blue turned into purple. I'm a little weary of that happening as I want blue done. So whats the consensus with the blue LEDs?

None of the other switches did it. I think it may have to do w/ me having blue upper and white lower... maybe the voltage difference caused a problem. Or it could be a fluke LED. Let me put it this way... there is 6 other blue LEDs in my car, and they're fine... and I've done 3 sets now in blue, and no one has complained about that happening. Very worst case scenario: one of yours turns purple; I'll repair/replace it for you free of charge.

can you do the hvac in blue leds? or the headlight switch?

HVAC, no, because of the green film. Headlight switch... yeah I guess? You'd have to clip off the plug and rewire it once I sent it back w/ a soldered LED in it. And you'd have to scrape off the green film on the switch. It'd honestly be easier to order a blue bulb.

HVAC, no, because of the green film. Headlight switch... yeah I guess? You'd have to clip off the plug and rewire it once I sent it back w/ a soldered LED in it. And you'd have to scrape off the green film on the switch. It'd honestly be easier to order a blue bulb.
the green film on the hvac comes off w/nail polish remover.

how much would it be if i sent you two of the cougar lock buttons and one sunroof button?

$15 ($5 each) plus shipping, so ~$20.

I have about 130 blue LEDs, 50 red LEDs, and 75 white LEDs.

I also have new colors to do the defroster indicator in: orange, yellow, green, and UV/purple, besides the normal red/white/blue.

hmmm...now you've got me thinking about switching out all my red/blue switch's for a different color:crazy:

Not that I have every color, but you can buy virtually any color LED, and I'll put them in for you, as long as they're 3mm. They even have LEDs that cycle between red, green, and blue. They're pretty sweet.

Ok Matt,

I would like to send you my defroster switch (the logo done in blue and the indicator light done in red)

I would also like my moon roof switch done in blue. Do I just send you my moon roof switch I have in there now and you put a blue LED in it and send the same one back to me?

How much for both?

If we get this finalized tonight I will box them up and ship them tomorrow morning.

Will you be reordering LEDs if you run out?

I keep meaning to take out my gauge cluster to send to you to convert to red.
No idea when, though ... I'm so lazy :rolleyes: ...

Ok Matt,

I would like to send you my defroster switch (the logo done in blue and the indicator light done in red)

I would also like my moon roof switch done in blue. Do I just send you my moon roof switch I have in there now and you put a blue LED in it and send the same one back to me?

How much for both?

If we get this finalized tonight I will box them up and ship them tomorrow morning.

The stock moon roof switch does not have an LED in it; you need to replace it with another window switch. If possible, please send me another window switch from a junkyard. I only have a couple left. Send me a PM for my shipping info.

I will order more LEDs if I run out. I just received 100 blue LEDs yesterday because I only had about 30 left.

Ok Matt,

How much for both?

The stock moon roof switch does not have an LED in it; you need to replace it with another window switch. If possible, please send me another window switch from a junkyard. I only have a couple left. Send me a PM for my shipping info.

PM sent

Matt,

Per our discussion, as soon as the weather breaks for a weekend I will be removing my switches and sending them to you to change out the blue for white LED's.

How many whites do you have left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back