• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED Switches, Official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt R

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok everyone, this is the official GB for the LED switches. All details are in the interest check. Please read the following carefully!

I need everyone that wants switches to list the following:

• The switches color
  • The defroster color
  • The defroster indicator/on color
  • yes/no for temp switches (what switches you want also)
  • yes/no moonroof switch; color
  • yes/no repair lock switch colors

Details: colors available: any combination of red, blue, or white. I cannot do 2 colors within one switch. The only exemption is the defroster. Ex. you could have a red bottom, and blue indicator.

The moonroof is an additional $8. This switch you get to keep.

The window lock control switch color repair... if you've ever looked closely, the unlocked side is in red, while the locked is in green. I can switch this back to the opposite for $5.

Temporary switches: I have 2 pre-98 master switches and 2 post-98 switches. These will cost you $3 for the shipping, with a $20 core charge (sent in a separate paypal payment). I also have 7 lock switches. These will cost $3 for shipping; with a master switch, $5 for both shipping; $5 core. You might opt to keep the lock switch if that's the only temp switch you're getting. You could also send me all your switches except the master and one lock switch. Then once you get the other ones back, send me those. Would cost an extra $4 or so for the extra shipping.

Prices: $40 for a full set: 1 master, 3 window, 2 locks, and a defroster. This includes the shipping and paypal fees.

If you want additional switches, the master is $10, and the others are $5.

Any total over $40 is subject to additional paypal fees... 2.9%. You're responsible for adding the fees in or the payment will get rejected.

Please paypal to robisc31@_remove_potsdam.edu. Be sure to take out the "_remove_" part. I need everything a Pm with what you want; I will then respond with my address. You're responsible for safely packaging everything in a regular box (not Priority or UPS).

The best way to do this: put your switches in a ziplock bag. Then put a piece of paper with the colors, etc (info listed above), along with your CEG screen name, and return address, in the bag.

Feel free to post comments or concerns in this thread!

Last edited:
1. Devanmc - full set and defrost in red, defrost idicator in blue, yes(pm contact) temp switches, NO moonroof, yes lock fix, payment arranged through pm contact

Last edited:
1. Devanmc - full set and defrost in red, defrost idicator in blue, yes(pm contact) temp switches, NO moonroof, yes lock fix, payment arranged through pm contact
2.Trhlz1222-full set and defrost in blue.defrost indicator stays the same,yes temp master switch, NO moonroof, lock fix(locked to red and unlocked to blue)

The temp. master switches are going very fast. You need to make sure you indicate pre-98 (raised switches) or post-98 (flat switches). If I don't have any more, you'll have to wait till either the temps come back, or send me your w/o a master, then send it out when you get your other switches back.

The temp. master switches are going very fast. You need to make sure you indicate pre-98 (raised switches) or post-98 (flat switches). If I don't have any more, you'll have to wait till either the temps come back, or send me your w/o a master, then send it out when you get your other switches back.

its just my opinion, but if you dont have temps for them. I would not do the above idea. This could make things very confusing dealing with half orders and such.

2.Trhlz1222-full set and defrost in blue.defrost indicator stays the same,yes temp master switch, NO moonroof, lock fix(locked to red and unlocked to blue)

I had talked to matt about this last night. This is not possible becuase there is only one light behind the window lock and unlock. so all he can do to that is flip the color filter behind the switch, to reverse the colors.

Last edited:
its just my opinion, but if you dont have temps for them. I would not do the above idea. This could make things very confusing dealing with half orders and such.

I had talked to matt about this last night. This is not possible becuase there is only one light behind the window lock and unlock. so all he can do to that is flip the color filter behind the switch, to reverse the colors.

As long as people are careful and include everything I asked for in the ziplock bag, then it should work. I'm going to use paypal to print the shipping labels once I get the weights. This will be far, far easier then dealing with the post office.

You're partially correct about the window lock... There's one red, and one green LED. But the LEDs are tinier than 3mm, and not like regular LEDs. All I can do is reverse the location of these LEDs, and scrape off the coloring on the back of the switch (much like the gauges). It's a nitpicky thing, but it's always irritated me.

As long as people are careful and include everything I asked for in the ziplock bag, then it should work. I'm going to use paypal to print the shipping labels once I get the weights. This will be far, far easier then dealing with the post office.

You're partially correct about the window lock... There's one red, and one green LED. But the LEDs are tinier than 3mm, and not like regular LEDs. All I can do is reverse the location of these LEDs, and scrape off the coloring on the back of the switch (much like the gauges). It's a nitpicky thing, but it's always irritated me.

if you say so, it was just an idea to maybe save some headaches. :shrug:

I must have read something wrong last night then, when i was talking to you about it. :blackeye: Either way it cant be done.

Bad news. Group buy is temporarily on hold. I got the LEDs today, and the most popular color, blue, was all 5mm LEDs even though I ordered 3mm. Then I went to start a set of red switches, and the soldering gun made a loud electrical pop and died. So I need to replace the 5mm LEDs and get a new soldering gun before this can continue. Will update asap.

Bad news. Group buy is temporarily on hold. I got the LEDs today, and the most popular color, blue, was all 5mm LEDs even though I ordered 3mm. Then I went to start a set of red switches, and the soldering gun made a loud electrical pop and died. So I need to replace the 5mm LEDs and get a new soldering gun before this can continue. Will update asap.

this is good news for me, since something came up and funds are streched thin.

could you post pics of each switch you will/won't change? i don't even know what a master switch is. also, cougars don't have rear door switches, so a discount might be in order since there would be less work to do.

could you post pics of each switch you will/won't change? i don't even know what a master switch is. also, cougars don't have rear door switches, so a discount might be in order since there would be less work to do.

it is the drivers window switch that can control each window and lock out the passengers from opening or closing their windows

The only switches are either the moonroof, or any switch in/on a door.

New LEDs have been ordered and are on their way from Pennsylvania (payed more to get them from somewhere close, not China). I'll pick up a new solder gun tomorrow. Should have this back on track by the beginning of next week.

Payday was Friday= new solder gun. I ordered the LEDs from someone on ebay within the US and paid extra for priority shipping. 100 LEDs from Hong Kong was $5... from the US guy was $15. But I had them within 2 days of ordering compared to 3 weeks...

Start sending switches and paypals folks! I've completed one set in blue, and they look fantastic! I'm also experimenting with 2 color switches: blue unlock, red lock. But this is EXTREMELY complicated, and if I ever do offer it, it will be much more expensive. Please don't ask if I can do this for you.

Last edited:
Right now I have:

PurpleMystique: full set of blue, DONE
trhlz1222: full set of blue, switches in route to me
Frosty: full set of blue, waiting on return PM
devanmc: full set of red, waiting on paypal
Rawburt: full set of white, waiting on return PM

So far that's all the PMs I've received. Anyone else that wants to get their switches done, you need to contact me by PM.

BTW, this GB will go indefinitely. As long as I'm around and have free time I'll be doing it.

How long does it take you to do the switches? Would you be willing to do the switches and help install (and for what cost)? I've been itching to take the SVT on a small road trip on a Saturday or Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back