• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Challenge...

No turbo....I'm spraying in the 1/4. No bottles allowed on Waterford Hills.

Im rooting for you Josh.

I think your going to need a really good suspension and quite a bit of weight reduction for it to be competitive in both a road course and drag strip. What are you planning on running as far as tires for the drag strip? Might locate some 15" wheels and run some BFG drag radials. The car is going to be fully gutted correct? Maybe someone could donate a CF hood and trunk.

Im rooting for you Josh.

I think your going to need a really good suspension and quite a bit of weight reduction for it to be competitive in both a road course and drag strip. What are you planning on running as far as tires for the drag strip? Might locate some 15" wheels and run some BFG drag radials. The car is going to be fully gutted correct? Maybe someone could donate a CF hood and trunk.

I've got the CF hood off of the original BLKOUT and it's gutted down to a skin, weighs about 11 pounds. I'm planning on a trunk skin as well. The interior is indeed gutted. The suspension will be 100% PRT with the exception of the Koni's GC's. I've already got 15" alloys sitting here, but they won't clear 13" brakes, so i may be swapping brake setups after the road course. Who knows. I've got a lot of plans and even more being written down by the minute. I'm not sure i can beat him, but I'm not going to set myself up to succeed that's the easy way out, i want a hard fight, and if i lose, i lose, but if i win, well, lets worry about that later.

I've been considering making a donation thread in the classifieds for people to donate parts or services to the project, but i haven't gotten around to it. This car isn't being built for me, it's being built for CEG, to see what we, collectively can accomplish.

I've been considering making a donation thread in the classifieds for people to donate parts or services to the project, but i haven't gotten around to it. This car isn't being built for me, it's being built for CEG, to see what we, collectively can accomplish.

do it, im sure many CEG'ers have loads of spare parts sitting around that they would be willing to donate...

No planning on it. :laugh:

I owuld love to find out how to remove the rev limiter without a chip.....that would make things a little easier.

That's gonna be about impossible to do since you'd have to lie to the ecu about the RPM or something.. which would wack it out.

How about you just get a flip chip ya punk... it will make a huge difference. I made like 15-18 more hp or something like that on my car w/ pretty much just a tune.

Make it happen.

That's gonna be about impossible to do since you'd have to lie to the ecu about the RPM or something.. which would wack it out.

How about you just get a flip chip ya punk... it will make a huge difference. I made like 15-18 more hp or something like that on my car w/ pretty much just a tune.

Make it happen.

Find me a deal i can't pass up.

I would just like to say one thing, This is only happen if i can get off work..Josh and everyone knows what the deal is..Its not like i can just take off. We have to pic vacations in January and everything works by seniority(Sp)..So if that week gets booked then i cant go..If i can go then its gonna be on..And if i lose, Which is very possible cause josh is a great driver..i mean look at the times he was running with his SE..

Ohh and if i do lose..I will not be shaving anything and its gonna be a low cut mini skirt,So im for warning you now lol :laugh: ..

So with all that said....Game on Josh..i look forward to seeing and racing you at the track :cool:

I think for Josh to beat Kevin he is going to have to beat the current record holder for fastest Contour....:shrug:

So with all that said....Game on Josh..i look forward to seeing and racing you at the track :cool:

Game on indeed man! I can't wait for this to go down. If you can't make it I'll just take the easy way out and race Hector....I'll be finished with the 1/4 mile before he realized there's no "D" in an Evo. :laugh:

I think for Josh to beat Kevin he is going to have to beat the current record holder for fastest Contour....:shrug:

That's kind of the whole goal here....:shrug:

hey josh, you can borrow my trunk if you want

Appreciate the offer, but i think I'm all set on my trunk plans. :cool:

Back