• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bad news

story- Went to wendys to get some food. i was on my way back and had just turned to come down the street when all of a sudden a kid turning out of a gas station makes an illegal left turn right into me pushing me into the curb. well my door is all scratched up, the bottom part of the driver side headlight snapped off and broke the mounting tabs. the driver side fender is all wrinkled. front bumper is scraped but OK. driver side wheel and all other pieces are OK. passenger side wheel is shot. the whole lip of the wheel is missing. the wheel also leans at a bad angle. so that whole wheel and other pieces are shot. the towed it away.

would have gotten pictures but it was to dark. so far its his fault. it was a stupid old honda accord. he was able to drive away. :mad: the cop said the kid has been in trouble before. so its all up to the the insurance companies. hope they dont total it. cause there goes all my mods and stuff.

just horrible luck lately. speeding ticket, underage, now an accident.

but im not harmed. kid was lucky i didnt beat him.

That's worse than the ticket I got on my lunch break last night...damn dude.

Hope it all works out for you though, but if it does get totaled...BUY IT BACK. There's too many parts on it of value to let it get sent to an auction block.

That's worse than the ticket I got on my lunch break last night...damn dude.

Hope it all works out for you though, but if it does get totaled...BUY IT BACK. There's too many parts on it of value to let it get sent to an auction block.

Glenn - a ticket ?? :nonono:

I second the motion ... BUY IT BACK . If that bit of damage is enough to total it , the buyback will only be a couple-hundred bucks . Use the $$$ they give you to buy another Contour , install all of your SVT stuff in/on that one . Now that you've done it , it'll go 500x faster ! When you're done ripping all of the other stuff off this one , call a local junkyard , they'll come & get it .

I've got my fingers crossed for no total .

My bad upper strut mount has my alignment all screwed up. So my drivers side front tire squeals around some tighter corners at normal rates of speed. I happened to have a cop near by who heard it.

Last edited:
Well, after he was done cursing at me...he said I'm lucky and he was going to give me a break. I went away with "disobedience to traffic control devices."

$107.50 fine :blackeye:

...but no points.

hahaha thats the same fine i got for doing 85 in a 65. i plan to buy it back. but if they dont total it. i have to get those parts repainted and since im getting those white flakes in the paint its going to look like crap.

edit- i have the lowest form of insurance. no collision or frills.

also how would i go about buying it back. would i have to go to the acution??

also if i decide not to buy it back. how do i get my stereo and all my amps and subs out. plus the important stuff in my glove box

Last edited:
hahaha thats the same fine i got for doing 85 in a 65. i plan to buy it back. but if they dont total it. i have to get those parts repainted and since im getting those white flakes in the paint its going to look like crap.

edit- i have the lowest form of insurance. no collision or frills.

also how would i go about buying it back. would i have to go to the acution??

also if i decide not to buy it back. how do i get my stereo and all my amps and subs out. plus the important stuff in my glove box

FWIW, When I totalled my first contour I was able to pull the stereo out. I checked with the company that owned it and they said that I could swap the factory system back in so that it wasn't 'stripped' when it was sold. I just took everything out and put the stock system in a pile in the back seat. I don't know what important stuff you have in the glove box but I'd just walk up and take it. Unless its drugs, then I don't care.

Man that sucks! Hope it ends up alright, if you need somethin don't be afraid to get ahold of me... garage, wheels, etc...
I dunno how the whole buyback works, but I thought they will tell you how much it would be for you(alone) to purchase it back.

I just went through this total/buyback BS with my Jetta :mad: . They come out , do an estimate , put you through hell , offer you nothing (you MUST fight it a bit , should they try to total it) , you tell 'em NO , they argue a bit , on & on till you get closer to what you want . IF they say it's a total , they come up with a number that they THINK it's worth , and they'll let you know what the buyback is at that point . If you must go through that , don't take their first offer (unless they f-up & give you a good deal - yea right :rolleyes: ) - make them do some more research & get you more money . Should it be a total , buy it back , because the cost of buying the parts to re-do the SVT clone thing (not to mention your time ... again) will be twice what the buyback is .

fight , fight , fight till you get what you want !

:cry: I'm sorry Ian. I am very glad that you weren't hurt, that's the most important thing.

Did this kid get a citation?

Doesn't matter that you don't have collision on your car. It was the kids fault and his insurance pays for your damage. It will be proven that this accident was his fault and his ins. co. will pay up.

Hopefully it won't be totaled. If it is, buy it back. You don't need to go to the auction to buy it back, you just ask the insurance co. for the buy back price and go from there.

Listen to the advice Allen gave you!

I went away with "disobedience to traffic control devices."

$107.50 fine :blackeye:

...but no points.

It's "obedience to traffic-control devices", section 3111 of Title 75, in case you want to read the section.

Her husband knows that she reads the vehicle and crimes codes on a yearly basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back