• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just Saying Hi!

zgendron

New CEG'er
Hey Guys,

It's been a while. How's everything going for everyone? Great to see things are still working out for everyone. I sort of fell off the face of the earth a little while back. I'll catch you all up later.

For now, I've sold the SVT. I think the engine was on it's way out AGAIN, so I traded it in for a great deal on a 2002 Maxima SE (3.5L 6 Speed). Got them down to a price that I couldn't say no. Just over 55K on it now.

I'm also back in the area after a short hiatus down near NYC. My girlfriend has moved up this way as well, and I'm back to living in the Davis Square area (Somerville, MA).

Work is going well too. I'm still working for a engineering consulting company, and have been commuting via T to Biogen in Kendall Sq daily. Saving a ton on gas right now too!

Also, looks as if my parents are preparing to move out of the area, so I've got to clean out all my old Contour parts from their basement. I'll be sure to throw up the list in the local classifieds.

- Zack

lol what! I just moved from Dover St in Somerville (Davis Sq)! I couldn't stand using the T to commute. Though of course Kendall is a lot closer to Davis than South Station.

How's the Maxima treating you? Pics!

it would be pretty funny if you moved into the place that Matty just moved out of. :laugh:

thanks for dropping by. I've been wondering about you.

lol what! I just moved from Dover St in Somerville (Davis Sq)! I couldn't stand using the T to commute. Though of course Kendall is a lot closer to Davis than South Station.

How's the Maxima treating you? Pics!

HA! That's awesome. I'm living over on Cameron Ave, and love the location. Since my office is up in North Andover (yet again), it's easy for me to hop on I-93 and shoot North. But most of my time I'm in at Kendall, and very close to the T. Commute driving or taking the T doesn't change all the much. About 30 min eitherway.

Loving the Maxima, but not driving all that much. This thing has some power!!! It's a bigger car, and took a little getting used to, but still love it. Suspension and handling isn't as nice as the SVT though. I'm thinking a suspension upgrade is a must.

check out the November meet thread. Maybe you'll have some time to pop in.

Wish I could make it and catch up with everyone, as well as meet some of the new people around. Unfortunately I'll be in Chicago that weekend for a wedding. I'm looking forward to it since I've never been to Chicago before!

So what's new with everyone here?

last year I turned my SE into a SeVT, its got everything, headers trubendz exhaust, fresh paint etc.

I also purchased a SVT at the end of August :drool:

also my father and I have been rebuilding his 66 mustang

otherwise working and enjoying life

Loving the Maxima, but not driving all that much. This thing has some power!!! It's a bigger car, and took a little getting used to, but still love it. Suspension and handling isn't as nice as the SVT though. I'm thinking a suspension upgrade is a must.
That's the exact same I feel about my Maxima - and hence why I also bought an SVT end of August, immediately after moving to NH. I'm reluctant to upgrade the suspension because I recently spent a ton of money on stock front struts at the Colonial Nissan (my mistake). Definitely need to do something about the rears though, now that the fronts are new - assuming I don't sell the car in favor for something AWD next year.

Friends have commented how they feel like they're in a limo when we're on road trips. Such a comfortable vehicle, yet it handles surprisingly well given its size. :)

Watch out for the front tie bar (lower radiator support). Mine rusted out last year, so bad that the engine mount disconnected. $1209 repair. Apparently it's very common on 4th gen Maximas, not so much on 5th gen.

Your street is pretty close to some of my friends, who live on Simpson Ave, and (I think) Clarendon Ave. So you might see my SVT in the area once in a while, if I venture to drive it on Boston potholes.

Last edited:
Back