• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PS help....ideas

RaptorSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Tonganoxie, KS. Don't blink! You'll miss it!!
Hey guys n gals. I am looking for a little PS help here. I have a completely stock looking 98 SVT E0. Run # 2318. I have been talking to parkedcar about a custom decal that has 2318 on the rear quarterpanels at the very top/back corner and a stripe of come kind going from the numbers to the front quarterpanel. the car is black and I would like to do a black/blue theme. the headlights are getting hightowers and upper and lower eyelids (see theSCHAFF's car). I am looking to the CEG for inspiration here. Go however you want....mild to wild. I'm wondering what would look good? stripes....what wheels....dropped.....I want to go 4 in exhaust....and I am going to put both contour.org and fast4doors.com somewhere on the windows....let me know what you guys think looks good.

I would ditch the four inch exhaust. It will just end up being a warm place for squirrels to stash their nuts.

I would also ditch the fastfourfoors sticker. You have the four doors part, but not so much of the fast. Fourdoorsthathandlewell.com would be more appropriate once you get some suspension work.

i have 3.5" tips and they DONT fill the holes all that well and look kinda small. i will be getting 4" one of these days.

I would also ditch the fastfourfoors sticker. You have the four doors part, but not so much of the fast. Fourdoorsthathandlewell.com would be more appropriate once you get some suspension work.

The only reason I want the fast4doors.com sticker is because I am registered there. much like the contour.org sticker because I am registered here. I'm just gettin ideas.

four inch exhaust piping bad idea

four inch tips good idea if they are double wall or rolled or something. Single wall four inch tips just looks too ricey.

Single wall four inch tips just looks too ricey.

blow me :laugh:

IMG_0564.jpg

four inch exhaust piping bad idea

four inch tips good idea if they are double wall or rolled or something. Single wall four inch tips just looks too ricey.

for one, dual exhausts are generally not ricey imo. a lotta mustangs n cobras have exhausts that big. Take a look at all 4" exhaust tips. Am yet to see one i don't like. here r 4.5"tips.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob.jpg

Anyways, back to tha photoshop... Somebody help out. Photoshops are getting no love these days.

A contour is not a Mustang or a Cobra. Four inch exhaust is a little too much, especially with a 2.5Liter. Maybe a 3liter would warrant 3 inch exhaust, other then that its a waste. 4 inch tips don't look that bad though.

what does engine size have to do with exhaust tips? 4" is for the look. no one would see a 4" exhaust and go "he must have a 3L in that beast"

^ew^

Decals are a great way to advertise/support your forum, but please dont scream it out loud.

think of it this way... how cool is it to go to a car show and walk around screaming "I LOVE CONTOUR.ORG AND FAST4DOORS AND MY SVT IS #2318 IN PRODUCTION"

hum... I dont think I would want to be around you. I think a cooler way to go is subtlety, this obviously is my opinion, but I think it would be better if you did smaller single Decals, like on my tour I have "Contour.org" on the edge of my windshield. If I had an SVT I would do the Rousch thing and get my SVT build date number in an etched/shadowed pattern and put it on the front bumper right in front of the driver side headlight.

I think some are missing/misstating the point. Four inch tips don't look bad if the tips are the only thing you see, but when you can see the tip coming right off the muffler then it may look ricey. The stock mufflers are tucked out of sight and larger tips look nice, but when you have those after market mufflers that are able to be seen if gives the look/impression of being ricey. IMHO

I had mine done today:
1001940cm8.jpg

Last edited:
It looks pretty BA when you see look at it strait on from the back. But i do see where you're coming from.

Back