• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 Tuning

Blackcoog

Hard-core CEG'er
FYI anyone looking for a tune on a 2000 SVT should stay away from Diablo software. You can't tune 2000 SVT's with Diablo. I've tried to get it done twice now and it won't take the tunes. Stick with SCT if at all possible.

KyleQ owns the first one I tried to have tuned. He's on the boards so maybe he will respond. The other, I'll get the code from shortly.

Last edited:
Yeah - talk about a disapointment :cry: The PCM code is printed on the ecu correct? I'll take a peek - my car isn't even driveable as of right now - so it is nice and warm in the garage...

yeah i'm on my second set. shift cables are easy though...nothing that should keep the car in a garage more than a day or two if you've got a little time here and there.... lol

Kyle what happened to your car now?

The shift cables have been the same as they have always been - Tyler and I noticed I didn't have a shifter colette on the one cable end last X-Mas and have been driving it since. Last Thurs I sheared my shift tower bolt - waiting on a part so I can put it back together. I was wondering if I could recruit your help sometime next spring Tyler - I've got an 8lb flywheel, MSDS headers, I've yet to pick up a clutch, but that is going in on the same time. I'd ask my buddy to help - but he is a Tires Plus tech - he is NOT touching my car - I'd like to wrench with someone who knows WTF is going on... Let me know- I'll be offering financial compensation for your time.

It looks like I may be able to dyno tune my car next summer :laugh: :troutslap:
What can I say - I get 27mpg driving aggressively - not enough motivation to get a tune at that point..

Last edited:
you know my help is free. just supply the beer money.

hey i have a whole damn shift tower you can slap on that or borrow parts from you know..... if you want to cancel your order, its free to you buddy. i'd be able to drop it off tomorrow evening. you can see my winter beater then too ;)

Damnit! I called your phone a few days ago - but didn't leave a VM... I'm working a half day today and swinging out to Tousley on the way home. I'm going to have it up and running tonight - hopefully. If the part I ordered (twice - first time they ordered the wrong bolt) isn't in - I'll call ya. Thanks again man
msmiley1.gif

Damnit! I called your phone a few days ago - but didn't leave a VM... I'm working a half day today and swinging out to Tousley on the way home. I'm going to have it up and running tonight - hopefully. If the part I ordered (twice - first time they ordered the wrong bolt) isn't in - I'll call ya. Thanks again man
msmiley1.gif

Hey I'll be out there around 3:30 today :laugh: I think Steve is getting sick of me ;)

Steve contacted me the other day for parts for some SVT Contour guy... lol :laugh: Sad thing is I had the parts for him. Seems like more and more parts are being discontinued so get what you need now.

yup yup. every time i go in there now steve tells me what's going to be discontinued and how much time i have to buy one lol

yup yup. every time i go in there now steve tells me what's going to be discontinued and how much time i have to buy one lol

He hooked me up with a smokin' deal on my Cougar headlights :cool: He is the man. What's sad is half of the other part's guys recognize me when I go there and he's not working.

Back