• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

header back- toning it down...

devan trust me and this crazy Mexican Hector. You will not lose any power with adding a muffler or even a high flow cat. Actually if you open the exhaust this much, you will lose low end. Seeing you have an auto your car will be too under powered and be a dog on the road. I could understand if you supercharged it like hector did. Seriously even then that is too much exhaust flow....

Next time we talk on the phone we can talk about this. Call me anyways I got the money.

sounds like a plan then, besides if i ever get that far i can just cut it out. well thanks for completing my list ill call you after school today. Im busy today but i can come over tomorrow.

you want to throw some link in here for me?

Last edited:
devan it will be too loud. Get a high flow cat with a magnaflow resonator and borla muffler.

that is all you will need. That should cost about 160 total for all 3. If you need help i can send you links to all the parts or call my arse. I've been really busy and have been meaning to call you about those speakers.

these links

Last edited:
devan trust me and this crazy Mexican Hector. You will not lose any power with adding a muffler or even a high flow cat. Actually if you open the exhaust this much, you will lose low end. Seeing you have an auto your car will be too under powered and be a dog on the road. I could understand if you supercharged it like hector did. Seriously even then that is too much exhaust flow....

Next time we talk on the phone we can talk about this. Call me anyways I got the money.
LOL @ this post. Yes, believe me.....it can get loud in a hurry subtracting certain exhaust pieces.:laugh:

LOL @ this post. Yes, believe me.....it can get loud in a hurry subtracting certain exhaust pieces.:laugh:

Yeah now that i read it again i started laughing. I meant that his car being all stock. Then just opening the exhaust up will make it even more dogish.

I couldn't believe i made this post in reference and forgot you had the same setup as his once :blackeye: :laugh:

Yeah now that i read it again i started laughing. I meant that his car being all stock. Then just opening the exhaust up will make it even more dogish.

I couldn't believe i made this post in reference and forgot you had the same setup as his once :blackeye: :laugh:

harry read my sig, im not stock anymore

For what it's worth. I just installed the header (documented in the zetec performance section). With no cat, a resonator, and a muffler, it sounds ok, not to loud at all, just raspy. I plan on going with a 2.5 in bench bent exhaust (mandrel is too much $$$) with a high flow cat, and two magnaflow mufflers in series.

ive come up with this set up.

2.25" 304 stainless manderal bent pipe
1 vibrant 2.5" straight threw muffler
1 vibrant 2.5" resonator
1 off brand 2.5" resonator
and
a 2.25" inlet to 4" outlet polished vibrant tip.

2.5" resonators and mufflers cuz i feel like it and i can get 2 of them from people i know so i might as well keep the other one that size.

im getting my bro to weld it all up for me, hes a pro welder. so it should look like spread dimes. :cool:

ive come up with this set up.

2.25" 304 stainless manderal bent pipe
1 vibrant 2.5" straight threw muffler
1 vibrant 2.5" resonator
1 off brand 2.5" resonator
and
a 2.25" inlet to 4" outlet polished vibrant tip.

2.5" resonators and mufflers cuz i feel like it and i can get 2 of them from people i know so i might as well keep the other one that size.

im getting my bro to weld it all up for me, hes a pro welder. so it should look like spread dimes. :cool:

You may want to price check mandrel bent piping. :cry:

If you can get it, and get it installed, for a good price go for it. Part of my problem is that no one around here does mandrel bent work and I don't know anyone with a shop or a welder. I hope the mandrel piping works out for you - it would be a nice addition.

you have a pm. Well the welding i got lucky with :cool:

Devan in the end, you will not gain as much $ as you put into it. I am sorry and i am not trying to insult you for your efforts. It's just not worth it.

Save the money and get a supercharger like hector did.:drool:

Devan in the end, you will not gain as much $ as you put into it. I am sorry and i am not trying to insult you for your efforts. It's just not worth it.

Save the money and get a supercharger like hector did.:drool:

and get even less, i know that set up didnt make much power. im going more for doing my exhaust the right way and make it sound good. i know im not oing to get my money's worth in the end. its for pleasure :crazy:

Back