• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

*New* Aluminum Sill GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think im lost here... where are these options?

right here

That said we need to agree on a layout for the rear sills. Here are a few options I have thought up. If you have something else in mind add it to the options below. The numbers will be in the Saleen font and SVT will be the same font as the front sill. I personally wouldn't mind the layout of option 1.

1. Build #49
2. Build #49/6535
4. SVT #49
5. SVT #49/6535

thanks, well these options dont work out well for me, But ill have to wait to sign up for getting fronts

Personally I don't care how many others were made when it comes to personalizing my SVT. I would like just having my # and that's all. :shrug:

Normally I would agree, but I think it helps show how rear the car really is. I like option 2 or 5. As long as there's space

1. Trhlz1222 front and back
2. brapple F&B (#2137 of 2150)
3. icysvt F&B (#844 of 6535)
4. KyleQ F&B (#131 of 2150)
5. alien_yet_familiar front and back (#988 of 6535)
6. dacker - front only
7. TeamSVTour - rear only (SVT #4887)
8. OB1 (#2527 of 6535) Front & rear
9. OB1 (#4087 of 6535) Front & rear

I like option #5

1. Trhlz1222 front and back
2. brapple F&B (#2137 of 2150)
3. icysvt F&B (#844 of 6535)
4. KyleQ F&B (#131 of 2150)
5. alien_yet_familiar front and back (#988 of 6535)
6. dacker - front only
7. TeamSVTour - rear only (SVT #4887)
8. OB1 (#2527 of 6535) Front & rear
9. OB1 (#4087 of 6535) Front & rear
10. SVT3391 (#1011 of 6535) Front & Rear

Ok, one question: My build # is 3175 of 6535. Looking at the size of the rear door opening, I don't think BUILD #3175/6535 will fit and I don't like the idea of SVT #3175/6535 because I already have the fronts over blue vinyl that says SVT Contour. Is there any way we could do just 3175/6535 or something similar? Just a thought. If we can do something like that I am in for a set of rear sills :cool:

I like the look of these but I have a couple questions before committing to the GB...

I'm checking to see if he can make these sill plates for us with just the word "Contour" for those of you who do not have SVT models.

So does this mean all the front sill plates will just say Contour or just a certain amount for those that don't have SVT's and the rest say SVT Contour?

As for the rear sills, I would personally prefer either option #2 (space permitting) or just #4967/6535 or something like that because if the front sills already have SVT I wouldn't want the rears to say it as well. Seems sorta redundant to me :shrug: just my $.02

So I'll wait to see the verdict on the final product before I say yes or no.

I like the look of these but I have a couple questions before committing to the GB...

So does this mean all the front sill plates will just say Contour or just a certain amount for those that don't have SVT's and the rest say SVT Contour?

As for the rear sills, I would personally prefer either option #2 (space permitting) or just #4967/6535 or something like that because if the front sills already have SVT I wouldn't want the rears to say it as well. Seems sorta redundant to me :shrug: just my $.02

So I'll wait to see the verdict on the final product before I say yes or no.

AND, will the fronts ones be just long enough to contain the printed numbers/letters or will they cover the entire sill?

Ok, one question: My build # is 3175 of 6535. Looking at the size of the rear door opening, I don't think BUILD #3175/6535 will fit and I don't like the idea of SVT #3175/6535 because I already have the fronts over blue vinyl that says SVT Contour. Is there any way we could do just 3175/6535 or something similar? Just a thought. If we can do something like that I am in for a set of rear sills :cool:

You have a point Maybe make a test run of the two most popular ones. You could do that to see how small you'd have to make the font to fit the #'s & that would give us a visual to go on. I'd be ok w/ just #2527/6535

Last edited:
I talked with the guy yesterday and he told me he can put ANYTHING WE WANT on the sill. So if you don't have an SVT you can have just Contour, or for that matter if you have a Mystique you could have that on there as well.

As for the rear sill I was talking with Icefury and I kind of agree with him, maybe the production number on the rear might be a bit much. I may consider just getting a blank aluminum sill for the rear.

thanks, well these options dont work out well for me, But ill have to wait to sign up for getting fronts

Then why don't you suggest a different option?? I said I was open to suggestions in the post :confused:

However if we want to get two samples made of the rear sills with the following options:

SVT #49/6535 and #49/6535

I'm fine with it, but I would split the cost of these samples over all of the orders so that no one person ends up paying for the samples. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I talked with the guy yesterday and he told me he can put ANYTHING WE WANT on the sill. So if you don't have an SVT you can have just Contour, or for that matter if you have a Mystique you could have that on there as well.

As for the rear sill I was talking with Icefury and I kind of agree with him, maybe the production number on the rear might be a bit much. I may consider just getting a blank aluminum sill for the rear.

Then why don't you suggest a different option?? I said I was open to suggestions in the post :confused:

However if we want to get two samples made of the rear sills with the following options:

SVT #49/6535 or #49/6535

I'm fine with it, but I would split the cost of these samples over all of the orders so that no one person ends up paying for the samples. What do you guys think?
sound good! I'm open for options!

I think that works

so is it every person can get exactly what they want or does the group have to pick what they want and we all get the same thing?

SVT #49/6535 and #49/6535

I wouldn't mind buying the two samples if you make them like you have in your post but with my #'s. I'll just take them & be gone so nobody else's price has to go up since I'm fine w/ either of those anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back