• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Antenna Base

Rich2279

CEG'er
Has anyone painted their pre '98 power antenna base the same as their body color? Just wondering how this would look.

Has anyone painted their pre '98 power antenna base the same as their body color? Just wondering how this would look.

I'd be concerned that it would look like a Maaco job where they forgot to mask when they were painting.

Ryanblacksvt did his body color. Ask Ryan, I know he has pictures.
When I was stripping a few grill trim rings I threw a few antenna bases in the acid and took the chrome off of them first.

He has pics on his cardomain of the antenna base painted. Hard to tell from the pics. I have a spare antenna base around here somewhere, maybe I'll experiment.

I may have one or two laying around if you need some to fool with. They aren't in great shape (chrome pitted) but would be OK if you sanded or took the chrome off.

I did find my spare one. Just debating if I should paint it T-Red (my body color) or just go w/ black. I'm also considering painting the Contour letters on the trunk or just debadging it.

I'm also considering painting the Contour letters on the trunk or just debadging it.
If you're that adament about getting rid of all the chrome, just debadge it. I've seen some Tauruses with bodycolor rear badges and the effect isn't pretty.

If you're that adament about getting rid of all the chrome, just debadge it. I've seen some Tauruses with bodycolor rear badges and the effect isn't pretty.

Is that a chide directed at Gen II Taurus SHOs? :D I always liked that particular SHO-specific touch.

Is that a chide directed at Gen II Taurus SHOs? :D I always liked that particular SHO-specific touch.
Didn't know it was for SHOs. I could have sworn I saw it once on a regular Taurus. It just looks nasty, like they took the car to Maaco or some equally cheap paint shop that didn't bother to mark the badges.

Didn't know it was for SHOs. I could have sworn I saw it once on a regular Taurus. It just looks nasty, like they took the car to Maaco or some equally cheap paint shop that didn't bother to mark the badges.

At Maaco, you get a free razorblade to scrape the paint off the windows. :laugh:

I may have one or two laying around if you need some to fool with. They aren't in great shape (chrome pitted) but would be OK if you sanded or took the chrome off.

could i have one luca??? i dont car about what the chrome looks like since i want to paint mine silver frost anyway. as longas its in mint condtion otherwise(no cracks or chips into the actual plastic). i dont feel like buying the special 4 prong sproket at the local parts store to go goet one off of a junk yard one.

could i have one luca??? i dont car about what the chrome looks like since i want to paint mine silver frost anyway. as longas its in mint condtion otherwise(no cracks or chips into the actual plastic). i dont feel like buying the special 4 prong sproket at the local parts store to go goet one off of a junk yard one.
:laugh: Needs more PMing

Back