• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

imrc linkage rod????

limeyscott

CEG'er
I have searched and double searched and the only part number I can come up with for this linkage rod is 9S523. My commercial ford parts supplier states that this part number is a base number for a part of an assembly.....which is the complete LIM......which is $688.....which I am not about to pay just to get the rod! Thing is I just bought a 2000 svt and realized the rod and the grommets (which I have new ones ordered) is gone.

If anyone knows for sure where I can get one......hook me up and if anyone out there has a spare I am willing to pay ......say like $30 or so to get this part.

Next step is trying to get lucky at a junkyard but figured I'd try this first.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks.......you answered my next question......which years have the same rod.......I was assuming all except 95.

I have the grommets ordered (spares too).

You are correct.. 95 had vacuum secondaries.. 96-2000 V6 equipped Contours came with the same rod.

Thanks guys......just really hoping someone comes up with one that I can buy since I really don't wanna deal with explaining to our useless boneyard what this part is........we aren't blessed with a pick your own parts junkyard here!!

Back