• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Next years Dragon Run

We can vote on the dates for sure, but yeah, its going to be end of Sept/beginning of October, so please keep that in mind:cool: I will get up a seperate post with poll right after SZ08'. Looks like its going to be a great run again.

BTW, the guy coming down from WI, get with Hector and ride down "contouravan" style, well, we've used that term for some time now and although we don't have our cars anymore the term still sounds cool:laugh:
Kind of like "Hectour":laugh:

1. Klasse Act
2. Ryanblacksvt
3. striker2 - i might have a friend from WI come down that weekend as well.
4. RandyCSVT
5. Hector and father
6. Icysvt!
7. tigerbalm
8. gulfcat & daughter - depending on exact weekend, maybe staying in a friend's Robbinsville cottage.

Why is this not stickied!?

It does really need to be, this is more or less a "sticking your toe in the water" thread. We can sticky the thread when we get the official thread going right after SZ08'. In that thread we can get all of the official info, smack talk, mods talk, plans for what time talk, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing Stazi's old ride slaying the Dragon actually:cool: I'm also looking forward to running my car at night time NO EXUSES either guys!!! I will have new tires too, wider and non-runflats. Its going to be a great time as usual!

I will be running my stock Bridgestone Potenza RE050. First time on the Dragon with a proper summer tire!:cool:

I bet the tread depth isn't going to be legal by then, good luck Hectour and I'll just keep you in the front of me, not behind me but be advised I'll be close enough to reach up and put in one of my "driving" cd's:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think the tires will be fine....after the trip...maybe not so much.

Have Eric say a prayer over your tires, it has seemed to work for him over the past years with all his bald tires:laugh:

BTW, anyone besides Hectour and I doing a night run:shrug:

Have Eric say a prayer over your tires, it has seemed to work for him over the past years with all his bald tires:laugh:

BTW, anyone besides Hectour and I doing a night run:shrug:
My tires won't be bald....remember you are basing my tire life on a tool we met on Saturday with a 13.3 @ 114 Mazdspeed3.:laugh:

We're about a week away from setting up the date poll, so look for that one guys. Just to reiderate, the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. Not to sway anyone, but I'm leaning towards the end of Sept because I don't want to wait any longer:help: :help: :help:

Make it mid to late october. Fall through the dragon sounds like fun.

That and I want to space out my time off. I am taking a week in June to go to the Dominican Republic, and a week in August to go back to Boston to visit family and go to a friends wedding.

I vote for Oct 10 - 12 (yes, I know we don't have a poll going yet). We won't be able to go Oct 3 - 5, & I think Sept's too early. I suspect Oct 17 - 19 and 24 - 26 will have roads full of leaf-viewers going slowly.

Back