• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good Window Tint Shop?

baco99

Hard-core CEG'er
Heloooo. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good, inexpensive tint shop in the North Shore area? I'm looking to get the Saab Wagon tinted for the lil'one.

Tint Master in Hartford, CT. Amazing work and great prices.

Got mine done for $160 all around.

I think there is a location closer to you as well.

there is a place in north reading that did my brothers Impala.
but i can't remember the name of it...i suck.
its right off of main street behind docs petland.
i will try to find out the name of it tonight.

cool, thanks! i need to see Pete to get the Saab serviced before winter, so that would be a convenient spot.

you know he moved right?

he is no longer on the hill.
keep going up 28 towards North reading.
when you come to the set of lights at Kitties take a left right after the lights.
there is a large brick building, he is all the way down back. the first bays are occupied by North Shore Axle.
126 Main St
978-664-2448
he now does alignments too.

yessir. been there. sent my friend there and my momz. he does good work and is honest. i like pete.

funny thing is that i took may cars to him for 2 years before actually meeting the guy face-to-face. we always dealt over the phone.

yessir. been there. sent my friend there and my momz. he does good work and is honest. i like pete.

funny thing is that i took may cars to him for 2 years before actually meeting the guy face-to-face. we always dealt over the phone.

I was meaning to ask you if you still have the MSM?

Did they do your rear window in one piece?

They asked me if I wanted seamless or seam. I said seamless but I found out shortly after that it was 2 pieces. You could never tell at all by looking at it though.

I caught a corner of the tint cleaning the back window with paper towel and peeled a section back. I never got around to getting it repaired. I'll do it eventually. It's just not bad enough to bother me.

I've seen tint with a seam before and it looks horrible seeing the space between each section. You would never notice on mine.

They asked me if I wanted seamless or seam. I said seamless but I found out shortly after that it was 2 pieces. You could never tell at all by looking at it though.

I caught a corner of the tint cleaning the back window with paper towel and peeled a section back. I never got around to getting it repaired. I'll do it eventually. It's just not bad enough to bother me.

I've seen tint with a seam before and it looks horrible seeing the space between each section. You would never notice on mine.

I think we've probably had this convo before but I forgot.

/me needs to get rid of this 50% !!!1!one

I think we've probably had this convo before but I forgot.

/me needs to get rid of this 50% !!!1!one

Be sure to remove the rear deck carpet and brake light before you get the tint done. It looks a lot better with the brake light area tinted over.

place I went to did the rear window as one piece. IIRC the name of the place was tintman on rt 25 in monroe.

be careful with that...in some states it illegal to tint over brake lights.
i guess the same rule would also come into play when spray tinting the tails.

My car's prev owner put the spoiler on aftewards with the brakelight in it. so my incar brakelight is disabled anyway :cool:

I was meaning to ask you if you still have the MSM?

Yup. Still have her. Still haven't fixed that fog light yet. I've put a whopping 3500 miles on it this year. So we're up to 9800 miles.

I am seriously considering trading in for a used grey S60R at 128 Volvo. Lowered with a body kit. Looks mean and will fit a baby seat. It's a higher mileage car (69k), but looks to be in top shape. Like some real car freak owned it but just drove a lot.

bc78041e40463824004589eb6944c497.jpg

bc793f4340463824004589eb126d9fb7.jpg

300 HP! and AWD!

I'm looking to see if they'll do a straight up trade for the MSM so my payments will stay the same.

You won't be disappointed with that purchase.
We're starting to kick ourselves for not holding out for an MTX (we test drove an automatic).
It's just such a sweet ride.

Back