• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FAO SVTkid (The strut brace and the Air-con pipe)

saintz

CEG'er
For SVTkid (Derek) & any one thinking of fitting a strut brace with the air con pipe behind the Brake servo. I hope this post helps.:cool:

I dont know how this will help with the LHD U.S. version:shrug:

This one is OMP Strut, all I did was fitted one side then lowered it into place slowly only a slight push on the pipe. The strut has been on for 3 months now and Air-con works fine.

img1467zz5.jpg

wow. looks like a blue wire loom factory exploded in your engine compartment.... :help: :laugh:

Last edited:
The OMP fits fine on some Contours and not so great on others. Sometimes the a/c line needs to be bent a little.

if you follow the line to the strut tower you will find a mounting point with a plastic nut which can be removed and the line will move freely so that it can be pushed back behind the strut bar

Is it safe to bend it, wouldnt it crimp/crack or no?

I had to move mine a bit out of the way. Its not much at all, like .25" to .5" maybe. You don't have to try to bend it, just give it a push to get it installed and it kinda stays that way after its been installed for a bit.

I had to move mine a bit out of the way. Its not much at all, like .25" to .5" maybe. You don't have to try to bend it, just give it a push to get it installed and it kinda stays that way after its been installed for a bit.

Ok cool thanks man, I just dont like trying to "bend" anything under the hood ya know.

Back