• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just a quick question

98-contour-zetec

New CEG'er
hi i just need a faver i need to know if the cooling fan wireharness and fans from a 98 svt will work on my 98 - zetec . both have duel set up just need to know if both have the same wires to plug into so i can just take mine out and plug the one from the svt in to it then put the fans in to.just need to know before i buy them thanks for the help. sorry if i posted this in the wrong place i could not think of where to put it .

just a quick question

i understand the motor would be a lot diffrent and thats what i thought but is there anyone out there that can tell me 100% that it will not work. thanks for the info

It should work (sorry, no guarantees here) for the same year, if it is dual fan to dual fan. Actually, for the fan harness, it should work for all 1996 to 2000 models if it is dual fan to dual fan. 1995 has an additional diode (?)

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/recall/99M03/

I would say this is one of those things that is best to stick to the same year, same model, same configuration to have no worries that it will work ...

just a quick question

thanks for the input i think it would be worth the try if he does not want alot for it . mine is shot im down to one fan and the last two years i have tried everything its time to find a good wireharness and fans all the plastic is comming off of mine . i taped them u but that does not help with still only having one fan . thanks again

just a quick question

i have had it that way for over a year . but now one of the fans are gone out completly so i think its time ti fix it the right way and the warm weather is here so i need to get it done soon . but thanks for the reply . i think i have a wireharness on the way now all i need is a good set of fans

Back