• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

factory shoot

m!key

Hard-core CEG'er
i had the oppertunity for a photoshoot of my car in an old factory before it undergoes a facelift. here is what i came up with...

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

thanks for your comments.:cool:

Wow very nice, you are always the best at HDR pics man.

Nice pics man, as always. Have you noticed any problems with the factory paint on the scooby? I heard they had problems with the paint chipping/peeling easily from the factory applying the paint too sparringly. Sweet ride though, and looks great w/o the huge spoiler.:cool:

Last is my fav :cool:
Try tilting the camera 10-15 degrees on angled shots.
It's a pretty fun technique I use often and looks cool. :)

hahahaaa. i am in no way the best. i have seriously just started. this is my only my third shoot trying out HDR. look at the pics goonzy posted in that thread. those guys have mastered the process. thanks for the comments.

facelift?? do tell!!

who do you know at the factory?? seems they let you in there and let you have it al to yourself

Have you noticed any problems with the factory paint on the scooby?

i have not had any problems yet. i too have heard about the bad paint on cars. it isnt that they dont use enough of it. it is the fact that they use a one step process in painting the cars. the color and the clear go on at the same time. at least that is what i have read. it chips easy and fades quickly. look at the roof of a red evo. a bunch of them are turning pink. :(

facelift?? do tell!!

who do you know at the factory?? seems they let you in there and let you have it al to yourself

i know the owner of the company. they had a bunch of facilities spread all over the city, so they bought this 150,000 sq ft. factory to consolidate all of their companies. he asked my boss and i to drop by. when we met him there my first question was if i could do a photoshoot. :) they let me have the run of the place as long as i needed. i took him up on the offer.

i have not had any problems yet. i too have heard about the bad paint on cars. it isnt that they dont use enough of it. it is the fact that they use a one step process in painting the cars. the color and the clear go on at the same time. at least that is what i have read. it chips easy and fades quickly. look at the roof of a red evo. a bunch of them are turning pink. :(

Ahhhhhhh ****....You're gonna kill the boy!!! :laugh:
I love that first pic Mike, You do kinda rock! :drool:

Last edited:
Needs more gay superheroes! :laugh::laugh:

What I meant to say was nice pics. I think I have been scarred for life by that other infamous "factory shoot":crazy:

MIKEY!!!! STOP MAN!!

God, every time I see one of your pictures threads I cant click it, because then I need to drop EVERYTHING I am doing because I have **** myself and need a fresh pair of undies.

Compared to your most recent pictures this is no understatement, I had to change halfway through this post. NICE pics, I need to get a better camera so I can start doing this new fangled HDR stuff, I already know how to do it, I just need the kick ass camera.

Last edited:
very cool pics....

Love the new plate... and still dont like the goldies as much as your normal stockers.

tint bro, tint!

otherwise.... YAY!

Back