• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GO CUBS GO!

hectik1

The Hispanic Hellion
After an up and down season the Cubs are playoff bound. If the team can play like they did many games this season it may become very interesting!

GO CUBBIES!!!

Maybe next year Brewers......;)

Last edited:
Eh...last time the Cubs were in the playoffs the Cubs were 3 outs away from the WS. Can't get any worse than that.:laugh:

If it were the Brewers winning the division Kyle would still be right. NL Central is a weak division. Five other teams had a better record than the Cubs, and they're facing the best team in the NL in the first round.

No, I'm just bitter that Yost is keeping his job for next season. :bah:

You're right Hetfield, if the Brewers would have made the playoffs they probably wouldn't have made it past round 1 also. I always like rooting for the scrappy underdog home team :cool: I won't root for the cubs because I only liked them when they had Greg Maddux the first time (with Ryne Sandberg and others)...those were the days! :cool:

After an up and down season the Cubs are playoff bound. If the team can play like they did many games this season it may become very interesting!

If the team can play like they did many games this season it may be over very quickly. :)

At least I can say the Cardinals beat the Cubs in the race to win the first World Series in their new stadium. Of course the Cubs had a big head start and still couldn't win that one...

I was pulling for the Brewers to win the division if the Cardinals couldn't, but I just cannot root for the Cubs. Even if miracle of miracles they make it to the World Series I'd be in a predicament because I always root for the National League team to beat the American League team but I'll never root for the Cubs. This of course has not been an issue in recent (and not so recent) history.

spirit.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO @ BK's post. Yep, the playoffs were real exciting...good thing I didn't watch too much of them. Sorry for the cubs, maybe next year! :laugh:

I can't remember the player, but what I want to know is, who swings at a 3-1 pitch with the bases loaded? Particularly when that pitch is a ball. In maybe the sixth, the Cubbies had an opportunity to put at least the one run on the board via that walk, and potentially get some momentum. Instead, he hit into a 6-4-3 double play, ending the inning. I believe that Livan Hernandez was still in for the Diamondbacks, and he was showing notable signs of fatigue.

Reminded me of our own Jason Varitek, who, though a fine player, swings way too often at the first pitch. Way to work the count. :rolleyes:

Reminded me of our own Jason Varitek, who, though a fine player, swings way too often at the first pitch. Way to work the count. :rolleyes:

Sounds like Johnny Estrada. One of the games this year they showed a graphic that he swung at something like 80% of first pitches he faced. I hope that $3.4mil/year sack of meat gets put on waivers. Fielder made $415k this year and belted 50 homeruns. :rolleyes:

Hopefully next year they can make it to the playoffs again. Not a bad year at all they were in dead last just a year ago.

thats what 100 million will get you. maybe they need to spend 200 million? hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Back