• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring is almost here...

I like the car. But I would loose the gold grille, gold air duct, as well the little gold trim pieces and it would look hot. That blue and the gold wheels looks good a la Subie STI

I agree you have put a lot of work into the car and have done a good job with it. I really dig the blue w/the gold wheels, but please ditch all the gold trim cause it makes it look too ricey.

Personally, I think it is really sharp !
I wouldn't do that do it, but I don't dislike it.
If it were sold to me, I wouldn't change it.
Great Job.

What ground effects kit is that?

Also, spring is already here, regardless of the temp. First day of spring was March 21. It sure didn't feel like it on my 200k bicycle ride in 25F degree temp Saturday.

Looking good! Kinda like what everyone else said... I think if you swap out the wiper cowl, that's it, you're done. Everything else is A-OK by me... painted cowls always look a little chintzy for some reason.

keep the wheels gold and ditch the rest....that would make that car look wicked sexy.....but never the less keep up the good work! i wish i could do body work like that.........btw i think a molded stock spoiler would set the rest of the car off completely, even if you kept the gold trim. imo

Last edited:
I think I may have said this before but whatever ;) ... love the blue. So much. But it's far too much gold. I think without the wiper cowl and the sail panel trim, and maybe the front upper grille, it'd be perfect.

Did you ever get that part for the antenna you needed?

thats awesome Goonz. I got one from Matt and now that you sell your car you find it, its pretty ironic to me.:laugh:

Yah, I will be putting in on as soon as the real spring comes, just because everytime I put the cover on i would have to take the antenna off again.

Since everyone is spouting off opinions on the gold trim, here's mine:

Paint the windshield cowl body-color or black. For the grille, paint the surround body-color, but leave the inset gold. It will tone it down some, but still keep the gold theme going.

And your second pic: The paint looks liquid. I don't know why todras thinks it looks flat. :shrug:

You should get fiberglass eyebrows and mold them into the grill so that the lines flow with the top bar of it. It'll look like a french man's mustache or something!

Edit: Scrap that, I photoshopped it and it looks not good. my next suggestion: mold the grill and fiberglass eyelids into the hood!! I forgot what that's called...when you extend the hood to hang over the headlights...

Last edited:
damn man, i wont lie, it looks pretty nice. i dont want to tell you what to do, but if it were me i would keep the gold rims and just lose the gold trim. IMO that would look a little smoother, but im liking your work. quality for sure. i wish i could do that.

Back