• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taurus Rice??

NorMich99SE

CEG'er
Walking through the shop last Saturday, I saw this up on a hoist and thought some of you may find it amusing at least.

Could it be a SHO? It has the spoiler...
100_0613.jpg

Oh no, upon closer inspection it's the ultra rare Taurus SVT!!
100_0614.jpg

100_0612.jpg

I thought it was funny anyway...especially when I had my SVT parked just a few feet away on the other side of the lane, lol.

Probably just a Taurus ricer. They all hang out on TCCA, modding 140hp vulcan engines. We don't have people like that on Shoforum.

All it has is the SHO spoiler, everything else is standard Taurus LX (save for the tacky SVT badges).

Don't even bother. 99% of the people on the road don't even know what a SHO is.

The V8's do sound crazy with aftermarket mufflers though. Or no mufflers at all.

i can't wait to get my SHO! Big bores butterflies, SHOSHOP y pipe, centerforce clutch, new trans, shoshop flywheel, K&N intake, Cobra R wheels......wooooo!

regular taurus' also had dual exhaust. I used to own a 98 Taurus with a 3.0L duratec, and it had dual exhaust.

Don't even bother. 99% of the people on the road don't even know what a SHO is.

i agree: everyone and their mother tries to race me in the csvt but in the last two years ive had my sho, ive only been taunted a handful of times and its never been straight from a red light, usually on the interstate where they can see the whole rear of the car and get a general idea. no one really notices the v8 tags on the front fenders

I have only been enticed to race in my SVT once...the SE zero times. There was a Ranger I saw the other day with SVT slapped all over it. Looked like a pile to me.

...I would do it just so it is that. A sleeper. Fricken V8? Sweet. People would think its just an SE then. Then they would end up gettin smoked.:laugh:

If you really want to smoke them, the '89-'95 SHO is the way to go. That six with the 5-speed will blow the doors off the Gen III '96-'99 SHOs. What a great car. I had a green on mocha that I'll never forget. :cool:

I agree, I've driven the V8 SHO, it was more comfortable and quieter than my Old School SHO, but slower accelerating (partially from ATX). With my '91, Drop into 3rd gear at 70, hit it, flies:shocked: I did like the V8's sound!

Back