• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to...

You're not weird!
Make the chance to talk to her. You said you saw her everywhere you went, perfect opportunity to say hi and chat a bit. ;)

if you wait for a chance it will never come. put your balls on and say something to the girl.

what's the worst that could happen? she'll tell you to get lost?? lol it won't be the first or the last time!

I painted my calipers, woo hoo. Ill post some pics later. I had a bunch of family down this weekend(11 people i think all staying at my house). We went to the go kart track and had some fun and then we went bowling. Oh and today my brother and i went to the Eagles game which was amazing. E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES! We should have an Eagles game meet, sure it would be expensive but it would be the greatest meet ever.

Friday - car got towed from the parking lot outside my dorm :mad:. Borrowed $120 from the guy across the hall to get it back. Had a crappy night with my parents all night. Couldn't get in contact with the seller of a '98 'Tour that my gf wants to buy. Finally got in contact with him at 10pm to meet up the next morning to take a look at the car. Went to my gf's house, then came back home and went to bed.

Saturday - went to my gf's house. Called the guy about the car. Postponed looking at the car because of personal problems he was having. Worked 1-10 :nonono:. Went to my gf's house. Crashed at home.

Today - Woke up, went to work until 3. Went home to pack up stuff to bring back up to my dorm. Went to Greg's house and got the SVT cat-back welded up with a new flex pipe. Drove back up to my dorm and here I am FINALLY on CEG after three days without it! :eek:

quit stalking her like Glen would and talk to her...you only live once...:)

No...I'm not the stalker type. Basically, I don't give a rats ass if someone doesn't want to give me the time of day. It's no skin off my back.

I also have a drinking "buddy" of the female type to go to the bars with. Drunken sex ftw!

I'll post pics after they are installed which will be in a few weeks :cool: I still have to do the door panels and possibly tackle the dash/center console. I've decided I'm going to match the dash/console to the lighter door panel "graystone" and do the same black "insert" look I have going now. I'm really impressed with how the seats came out although I have to redo the rear bolsters as they were my guinea pigs and came out pretty bad lol.

Friday night was our flight down to Baltimore, then we rented a car and drove to our hotel north of Washington.
Saturday we were tourists and walked the National Mall, then had some beer/grub and headed over to the Nationals game.
So I got lucky and had lots to do while CEG was down. :)

LUCA, I think the sheer existence of this thread is an indication that you need to drink more heavily, buy more shoes, or spend more time at the Harry's U-Pull-It. :laugh:

No less, I'll play along. I was not online over the weekend, as I live my life as if it were 1983 with few exceptions. Indeed, during the day on Saturday I was listening to some of my cassettes while the site was down, crusing about in my recently acquired 1993 Lincoln Town Car.

Friday night was beers and Chinese food with the girl and a friend. Saturday night was barbeque with a buddy who also happens to be a SVT owner. After dinner, we hit up this bar outside of Boston -- interesting clientele with awful taste in music. Was going to pop over to the juke a couple times and help combat that with some Van Halen or something, but was snubbed each time. As soon as I'd lift my ass out of my seat, some joker would step up to select crap. Nope, the city's not my preferred hangout, but it was a cool enough time, altogether.

LUCA, I think the sheer existence of this thread is an indication that you need to drink more heavily, buy more shoes, or spend more time at the Harry's U-Pull-It. :laugh:

No less, I'll play along. I was not online over the weekend, as I live my life as if it were 1983 with few exceptions. Indeed, during the day on Saturday I was listening to some of my cassettes while the site was down, crusing about in my recently acquired 1993 Lincoln Town Car.

Friday night was beers and Chinese food with the girl and a friend. Saturday night was barbeque with a buddy who also happens to be a SVT owner. After dinner, we hit up this bar outside of Boston -- interesting clientele with awful taste in music. Was going to pop over to the juke a couple times and help combat that with some Van Halen or something, but was snubbed each time. As soon as I'd lift my ass out of my seat, some joker would step up to select crap. Nope, the city's not my preferred hangout, but it was a cool enough time, altogether.

I love going to bars and putting on currently unpopular music. The switch from dave matthews to Pantera at a local yuppy bar is priceless! Sometimes bartenders/bouncers cut my choices short which totally pisses me off.

LMAO! I'm not much into drinking, although I do from time to time. Shoes? Meh, not much into shopping either. :D Now, I will gladly spend more time at Harry's. Haven't been able to go recently, my husband had surgery and is unable to do a lot of walking just yet. But, as soon as he's able....I'm so there. :)

Do tell, how old were you in 1983? 83 was kinda memorable for me too. :D

LMAO! I'm not much into drinking, although I do from time to time. Shoes? Meh, not much into shopping either. :D Now, I will gladly spend more time at Harry's. Haven't been able to go recently, my husband had surgery and is unable to do a lot of walking just yet. But, as soon as he's able....I'm so there. :)

Do tell, how old were you in 1983? 83 was kinda memorable for me too. :D

Younger than I am now.

There are days when I would like to cast cell phones aside and go back to land lines. Imagine it -- if you're not home, you miss the call! Leave a message -- that's what we've got those little micro cassettes for.

I've got an extensive collection of cassettes from the golden age of rock -- some really awesome stuff in there, as well as some that is very hard to find.

Also, speaking of 1983 -- watched WarGames not too long ago. Great Cold War flick. :cool:

:)

Too bad we didn't get to meet at Carlisle. I also have a collection of cassettes from the "golden age of rock".

My Grandmother still had a rotary dial phone back then. We couldn't get her to use a push button one.

Were you out of/or almost out of HS in 83?

Back