• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My First Car!

DarkBlueZ

Hard-core CEG'er
This is my first car. I did the Rims and Calipers myself. Bare in mind I'm only 17 and have had NO auto experience before this.

S5000345.jpg

S5000317-1.jpg

S5000352.jpg

Cleaning up those headlights:

Uncleaned:
S5000362.jpg

Half done:
S5000363.jpg

Interior:
S5000350.jpg

S5000364.jpg

Engine *THE WORK IN PROGRESS*:
S5000365.jpg

S5000372.jpg

Just put this in 25 min ago:
S5000369.jpg

Next is to get a full intake and fix my car man! She doesnt like to idle, and kills from time to time while slowing down and off the gas. My dad thinks its an air sensor.

I'm also looking for Rims, with tires. Cheap. Like $350-$400 cheap.

Well take a look and tell me what you think of my first car!

Last edited:
Thanks, I want to do a hightower, but I am extremely scared of messing them up. I dont have the money to run out and buy a new set. I want to tint my tail lights too. I know some think it looks "noobish" but i like it on dark 'tours. I still have to take the air box out also.

haha tinting your tails isnt noobish. i also like them on dark and black tours. i have mine done. there should be a couple picture threads with my car in them. seach them up.

car looks good. if you dont want to worry about messing up your headlights go to a junkyard and get some others. my whole interior is from a junkyard and so are my headlights.

Like a "you-pull-our-parts" place? Sounds like a plan. I want to get the spoiler from a sport too. I can get some paint that matches my car and paint that myself couldnt I?

yeah just go with what u feel is right. my first tour was a zetec just like yours and the first thing i did was sound. becuase i knew i couldnt make my little auto 4cylinder faster i wanted to get my sound options out of the way.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking. Gotta make it SOUND like it can bite. :drool:

i might be selling my SVT rims soon . due to the fact that i am getting new rims .. the are 16's stock E1 //

they look something like this .. just wanted to show you if you are interested let me know. asking for $500 obo including tire's // ... I am just saying ...

TST6-15-07062.jpg

what did I tell you man.

Modding can be done fairly cheap and effectively.

my old Pre98 only had gutter guard mesh in the grille, SE skirts and E1 SVT wheels, and look at how nice it looked.

IMAG0007.jpg

Same story with my 99 Zetec, ST200 17 inch wheels, Eibach lowering springs, SVT struts, SE skirts, Hightowarded my headlights, good wax job
DSC00089-2.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

im done doing shameless whoreing I am in the zetec crowd, let me know if you have any questions about the zetec or whatever bits of info you may want to know.

Might I suggest a good Clay Bar and Wax job? Looks like the paint could use a little TLC, not that its horrible. Start with a Clay Bar, then a Meguiars cleaners wax, then try out Meguiars new 3 step system, its pretty cost effective.

As for your headlights, we have a how-to on here to make them fairly clear again, it requires doing wetsanding (yes it sounds scary but really its easy as hell). Get some 2000, 1000, and 600 gritt sand paper, a bottle of 3M rubbing Compound, and some Meguairs plastic-X Headlight restorer, mix some liquid dawn with water in a spray bottle and spray it on the headlight assemblies, its best to remove the whole assembly, I just find it easier, while wet, sand over the headlights vigeriously with 600, then 1000, then 2000 grit sandpaper, keeping the headlight assembly fairly moist with the soapy water. Once the headlight is as smooth as you can get it, go over the headlight assembly with the 3M rubbing compound with a couple of coats, then do the same with the plastic X. You will be amazed at how much better it will look, I promise. Its what I did to my headlights, and look how great they look.

DSC00092.jpg

As for your intake, that filter is going to help the motor breathe, but im assuming you want to hear the motor really grunt when you open it up at WOT, unfortunately that huge box on top of the throttle body, known as the air intake plenum (SP?), is designed to resonate air and keep the motor quiet, we cant have that now can we?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...ryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Get that ^ its for a focus so light modifications will needed to be made for it to fit, ask away if you are interested I would be happy to take some pictures and walk you through the install process, thats the same one I have on my tour as seen in the below picture (Ann Arbor 2007 car show)
CIMG0922.jpg

I noticed you also said you are interested in exhaust mods, I know of a couple of cheap and effective routes for the zetec to make it sing pretty nicely, even for an I4... heres a sound clip, PM me if interested. (sorry its a bad sound clip)

OKAY /END shameless whoring.

Last edited:
i just tinted my tail lights and they look sick i will get some pics up tomorrow in pics&videos i did it for about $20 in materials, i also hightowered my lights quite a bit ago and they turned out perfect, kind of useless though as my headlights look like poop, so eventually new headlights so i can put the hightower part in the new ones

what did I tell you man.

Modding can be done fairly cheap and effectively.

my old Pre98 only had gutter guard mesh in the grille, SE skirts and E1 SVT wheels, and look at how nice it looked.

IMAG0007.jpg

Same story with my 99 Zetec, ST200 17 inch wheels, Eibach lowering springs, SVT struts, SE skirts, Hightowarded my headlights, good wax job
DSC00089-2.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

im done doing shameless whoreing I am in the zetec crowd, let me know if you have any questions about the zetec or whatever bits of info you may want to know.

Might I suggest a good Clay Bar and Wax job? Looks like the paint could use a little TLC, not that its horrible. Start with a Clay Bar, then a Meguiars cleaners wax, then try out Meguiars new 3 step system, its pretty cost effective.

As for your headlights, we have a how-to on here to make them fairly clear again, it requires doing wetsanding (yes it sounds scary but really its easy as hell). Get some 2000, 1000, and 600 gritt sand paper, a bottle of 3M rubbing Compound, and some Meguairs plastic-X Headlight restorer, mix some liquid dawn with water in a spray bottle and spray it on the headlight assemblies, its best to remove the whole assembly, I just find it easier, while wet, sand over the headlights vigeriously with 600, then 1000, then 2000 grit sandpaper, keeping the headlight assembly fairly moist with the soapy water. Once the headlight is as smooth as you can get it, go over the headlight assembly with the 3M rubbing compound with a couple of coats, then do the same with the plastic X. You will be amazed at how much better it will look, I promise. Its what I did to my headlights, and look how great they look.

DSC00092.jpg
Those are the rims i want :drool:

Those are the rims i want :drool:

They are getting harder and harder to find, people either hate or love them, kinda like Angelina Jolie :D They are off the ST200 Mondeo
mondeo_st200_5d_oldhouse.jpg

IIRC they say on the back of the spokes of each rim "Made in England" it was really cool to see that then I was putting them on.

For the right price everything is for sale. ;)

It honestly doesnt look like you did the wetsanding on your headlights, Start with 600 grit, and work your way to 2000 grit, the higher the number the finer/less effective the grit, and you NEED NEED NEED to WETSAND them, like I said, just a spray bottle with water mixed with some dish soap (like Dawn), Spray the soapy water on the headlight assembly and work your way up with the sand paper, LOTS of elbow grease, if your arms dont hurt after you are done, you havent sanded enough.

EDIT: I just looked at your cardomain, looks like we have the same name. Welcome to CEG, Jared, lots of great people and info here. One quick tip, if you are quoting people in response, try not to quote their pictures, unless there is one you want to comment on, then just include that one picture. People around here usualy get bothered by having to sift through the same pictures over and over again, and it just slows down page load times.

Last edited:
Back