• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Potentially Driving Through...

Redlineracer12

Addicted CEG'er
I may be driving through Wisconsin come Sunday from Chicago back home to the twin cities... Any suggestions on the best route to go? I've got two different options coming from mapquest.

1. I've got highway 90 up to 94 then taking that back into the twin cities. estimated mileage is 394 at 6.5 hours. The shorter of the two.

2. Option two is highway 90 allll the way across WI and into MN, then to highway 52 up through rochester and such. This trip is about 411 miles and rated at 6.75 hours.

Being that I have two different options with about the same travel time which would you folks prefer?

Couple other things to consider is that the speed limit doesn't have to be over 60 as I only plan on going 55-60 the whole way back (Don't ask :laugh:)
But the better the road/highway is for being stranded/broken down on, the better :D :troutslap:
Such as more exits, bigger shoulders, more friendly neighborhoods, and such :eek:

Option 1. Driven that a few (6) times. From ND to the NC. I hate driving 55 MPH on state highways.

I apologize if anyone was stuck behind me while I was going 55 :) Made it though without it blowing up... Though I was worried when I started getting stuck in traffic :dizzy: Long story short it has massive knocking going on and needs a new engine but I drove it all the way home from Chicago to St Paul

Pictures in the day light this morning

100_1403.jpg

100_1404.jpg

Back