• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ready...Set...Loud as funk!

dude it sounds like a racecar, i even get smoke and oil leaks now. :blackeye:

you sir are an asian hillbilly come down and lets fix that crap

you should have come yesterday there were a couple of nice trucks

Yeah I know how you feel Alex. I piss off lots of people with my exhaust LOL. Whenever I pull up to my gf's house, I am under orders to enter the house immediately, or else their dog goes INSANE and her mom gets extraordinarily mad at me :laugh:

Yeah I know how you feel Alex. I piss off lots of people with my exhaust LOL. Whenever I pull up to my gf's house, I am under orders to enter the house immediately, or else their dog goes INSANE and her mom gets extraordinarily mad at me :laugh:

yeah except a zetec isn't going to be as loud as a duratec :laugh:

yeah except a zetec isn't going to be as loud as a duratec :laugh:

OMG STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP I hate all of you! Everyone hates on the Zetec! When I finish college and become rich I'm gonna ship my car out to you striker and pay you handsomely to make my Zetec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Duratec.

That's not too bad - when I swapped out my trans in my F150 this past Friday - I had to cut one of my exhaust pipes out to get to the transmission lines. Loud as heck is on open shorty header and one header that has about 4 more feet and a glasspack on it. It ended directly under me and was really loud at cruising speed. That 5.0 sure does sing around 4500rpm though :laugh:

Haha I doubt I'll be there. My car is t3h sux0r. :laugh:

most CEG meets really arent about the cars anymore, we drool over the nicer ones, then sit around, break balls, and get drunk.

Good times.

most CEG meets really arent about the cars anymore, we drool over the nicer ones, then sit around, break balls, and get drunk.

Good times.

Well that's fine and dandy, but I can't legally get drunk, which sucks major poo-poo. Almost as much as my stocker GL :p. But it won't be stock for long, whoopee!

Haha reminds me of my old '87 Tempo, one day backing out of my friends driveway the muffler snapped off the pipe and I had it temporarily fixed with zip ties holding it up under the trunk, not connected to the exhaust at all, that was a fun loud, but then driving one day the exhaust from the cat back literally fell off the car taking a left hand turn at 10mph! That thing was soooo loud and annoying, needless to say I got it completely fixed about 2 days later.

I am going with option A.....option B did sound sweet and I do regret getting rid of it to this day.:cry:

Yeah me too. I did sell it to a good guy, but I still play the videos I took of it while I was driving around. I didn't even point it at anything, I just wanted the rumble.

Also what is it with all the Tempos/Topazs that lost their exhaust. I think I count three here now. Is it because people here are Ford fans or because the T/Ts had shoddy exhausts?

Back