• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photo Whoring

well they make a fake supercharger you can put on you can get 2 hp from it. that limit you down to 13 car lenths

yeah, I have that too. I actually bought like 19 of them. then wired them all together to make an ULTRACHARGERRRRR

It sounds like a damn vaccume cleaner going down the street.

I also run Biodiesel in my zetec, I installed a conversion kit, now my car smells like a damn asian restaurant going down the street.

yeah, I have that too. I actually bought like 19 of them. then wired them all together to make an ULTRACHARGERRRRR

It sounds like a damn vaccume cleaner going down the street.

I also run Biodiesel in my zetec, I installed a conversion kit, now my car smells like a damn asian restaurant going down the street.

lmao..

this has to be one of the funniest threads of all time.

Right up there with the Gold Bond on the balls one.

Wow, what a bunch of f'n tools in this thread. Yeah lets bash the guy because he put together a budget turbo system... I dont see many zetec guys running turbo... (exception to striker and maybe a couple others). Sure some of the stuff is tacky and a tad bit inefficient, but f**k if your gonna talk s**t then at least be able to back it up, and I dont see any of these other slow ass peice of s**t zetecs doing anything special. I swear to god, for being a contour forum, alot of you people have your heads so far up your asses that its too dark to realize its a contour, not a lamborghini.

Props to the original poster for throwing together a very budget kit. And for doing something out of the norm.

Rant off/ this s**t really just pisses me off though!

dont get me wrong, i give him props for doing it. it just looks like ****. also if you read through is other thread from a while back he wouldnt take any suggestions that ButtonPuncher, Hector or I would give him.

he is probably still running stock injectors (ford zetec2: correct me if im wrong). with him spiking at double what his wastegate setting (a good setup should never spike, much less double the normal pressure) its only a matter of time before he blows a hole through one of his pistons from running to lean.

ford zetec2: i know that the factory injectors should hold 5PSI fine but when you spike to 12PSI the wimpy 17# injectors will NOT be able to keep up. you will be running super lean. this will eventually lead to a blown engine. please, please upgrade your injectors and MAF and get a tune. you can then turn up the boost and make more power. if your going to stay at 5PSI then lose the intercooler and just go straight from the turbo to the TB. also redo the downpipe so that the wastegate opens fully. i suspect that is why you are spiking.

edit: if you really want to keep the intercooler, i have measured and you can fit up to a 26x5x2.5" intercooler BEHIND the factory non SVT bumper.

I did in fact give him props for doing something different, and I did ask how and where he got a lot of these parts that I was almost 100% sure never existed.

I also said it still needs a lot of work, after which point I was just busting balls. If I could do a turbo setup for $600, I would too, thats extremely cheap, I was saying that some of the stuff he was saying wasnt checking out.

Ford_zetec2: congrats on the kit, and keep up the hard work. I am interested to see where this car goes when its done. Really, the only thing that makes the car look rough is the unnecessarily large intercooler, get a smaller one and a new bumper and the front end will line up a lot better. I was a little out of line last night, for that I apologize.

Last edited:
I do think its cool that a zetec is out there trying to represent!

I also think that alot more work needs to go into the car, and if the owner doesnt recognize that, or doesnt want to lsiten to reason from people who know what they are talking about, then I think the car is pointless, and a huge blemish on the contour community as a whole.

If I were the owner of that car, I'd take the stickers off, everyone likes a sleeper, and nobody likes misbadging! Second, and more importantly, listen to the people who know your car, not "a turbo guy"!

Thirdly, apologize for not knowing any better about your ricer ways. When I first got into modding cars, I was even more of a ricer then I am now, I learned that certain things are just unacceptable (like painting my interior trim pieces yellow for instance).

Let CEG work for you, not against you, and listen to some of the suggestions being made, and with a little more time and energy and money, you'll ahve a car that not only you'll be proud of, but we in the contour community will be proud to be associated with as well.

Now, I am no turbo expert, not even an expert, well, in anything really. but I was thinking about that pipe going over the top of the engine, and drew a rough picture of a way to improve your turbo piping situation, now, bear in mind that I am not even sure if it would work, or be worth while, I am sure someone will let me know:

25613183216.jpg

Also, if the hood won't latch, i think a nice looking, truly custom hood may be in order, just an idea.

Also, figure out a different front bumper situation, there are a few aftermarket ones if thats the look you want to have, or a svt contour front bumper cut and molded, with the FMIC mounted where it should be would look nice, and if you finish it up with a svt rear bumper and side skirts, you'll be well on your way to having a truly special car!

I just spent a good 5 mins laughing so hard that I was crying from the first 5 posts on page 9. That is some of the funniest stuff I have heard in a while.

Ford_Zetec2: I'm not putting you down at all, But I agree with the others on this. We have respect for you on the FI set up, however if you just looked into it alittle more, took their advice, and got that thing tuned, you could be putting down some pretty high numbers. But please just do something with that bumper/intercooler. I am going to have a SVT bumper for sale here in about two weeks that has a small crack up on the side where it meets the fender. Let me know if you want it.

I do think its cool that a zetec is out there trying to represent!

a svt contour front bumper cut and molded, with the FMIC mounted where it should be would look nice, and if you finish it up with a svt rear bumper and side skirts, you'll be well on your way to having a truly special car!

have you forgotten about my car?

hey striker, I found zetec T3/T4 turbo kits going on ebay for a grand...

...if only I had the cash

Back