• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Options...opinions please

If you decide to get that amp, why run it at 4 ohms? Plus if you want to run the amp at 4 ohms, you will need dual 6 ohm subs if you still intend to use three of them. You can run 3 dual 4 ohm subs and have a final impedance of around 2.5 ohms which would would probably net you around 1000 watts rms from the amp. However, if you intend to do that, why not just get the BP 1200.1? Power rating will be about the same, you will most likely pay less, and the BP 1200.1 has a reputation of being a solid amp. Sry, but I can't supply you with a box. I simply don't have the area to work nor the tools. Remember, Subzone makes great pre-fabbed enclosures.

If you decide to get that amp, why run it at 4 ohms? Plus if you want to run the amp at 4 ohms, you will need dual 6 ohm subs if you still intend to use three of them. You can run 3 dual 4 ohm subs and have a final impedance of around 2.5 ohms which would would probably net you around 1000 watts rms from the amp. However, if you intend to do that, why not just get the BP 1200.1? Power rating will be about the same, you will most likely pay less, and the BP 1200.1 has a reputation of being a solid amp. Sry, but I can't supply you with a box. I simply don't have the area to work nor the tools. Remember, Subzone makes great pre-fabbed enclosures.

He could do a 1-ohm stable amp with single 4 ohm subs...

3_4ohmSVC_134ohm.gif

Or he could do a 2-ohm stable amp with dual 4 ohm subs....

3_4ohmDVC_267ohm.gif

Or if they were dual 2 ohm he could do...

3_2ohmDVC_3ohm.gif

4 ohm would be best for a 2 subs not 3...

Alright so ill go with the 2.xxOhm set up and i guess ill go with the amp you guys are promoting(since they were so close in rating but i had liked how the other one looked, and i really want a volume knob inside! maybe im crazy for that:crazy:).

My box idea-through paint(but you get the idea)

Box.jpg

maybe angled... if not then the subzone prefab

Last edited:
Or possibly both amps?!? idk... Maybe mount the amp to the rear seat... or pull your spare tire out and make a amp mount there in the center so like the 3 subs are pointing at it....

Back