• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need more power!

i hate people that talk like they know all about contiques. i know hardly anything, but i know this much.

Joe M, you are a sweet guy. your my friend. but i did hear that you didnt swap in your 3L and you give torque and HP numbers for three cars, and pretend like they are all the same. anyways your cool.

Tourige, mustangs are like tampons (every P#$$Y needs one)

and a Hundred shot cant be run all day long. trust me, it'll blow up. hyperutectic pistons hate the hard hit in compression. don't argue this with me. i know, i did it. who else here can say they have?

if you want the car to be faster, first off put a MTX in it. honestly, you should sell it and save for an SVT. then start modding. otherwise, you'll spend twice as much and end up with a fake SVT in the end anyways

Who cares if you get beat by a mustang, but it sure sucks when you get beat by a contour [cougar]. That's why I modded mine..

Because everyone on here drives there car to 140mph everyday?
No, no more than everyone tries to get a low E.T. at the stoplight drags every day.
Trying to argue the logistics bewteen "fast" and "quick" is stupid. The contour is not made to be FAST or QUICK in a straight line, regardless that it can get to 140mph in 4 minutes.
As my sig says, semantics is everything. The two words are not interchangeable and if you think they are, look them up in a dictionary. The Contour was never supposed to be or advertised to be a quick car as in a quarter mile racer. It is a road car made to get from point A to point B with as little fuss as possible no matter how many kinks there are in the road. And in that respect, it is likely both a quicker and faster car than many others under those circumstances.
If you want to argue with me, then tell me why no contour has been into the 11's, the 12's etc. Traction and just an overall bad platform to straight line race in. There are plenty of cars that can trap high 1/4 miles, but what does it matter if your running ET's in the mid to low 13's....
The intent of my post, and what I wrote, was exactly that....if a person wants a car that is quick in the quarter mile, they'd be better off with a RWD vehicle for the better traction and to get away from the less than robust MTX.
I would rather have an 11 second car at 110 then a 13 second car at 120.
That's fine and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way as you do. Anyone who buys a car with the intent of running it at the strip will be well advised to stick with a RWD platform unless they are only interested in running against similar cars to the one they have.
Karl

I would be so down for that.

But i would probably have to fight so many people after, everyone would want a chance to fight me.

You wouldnt have to fight more than two, because after you managed to (if you managed to) beat rawburt, someone like durkee or steeda, or chang, or you get the idea, would step in and put you out like a match. what did you say you were? like 6'2" and 125lbs?:blackeye: :laugh:

No, no more than everyone tries to get a low E.T. at the stoplight drags every day.
As my sig says, semantics is everything. The two words are not interchangeable and if you think they are, look them up in a dictionary. The Contour was never supposed to be or advertised to be a quick car as in a quarter mile racer. It is a road car made to get from point A to point B with as little fuss as possible no matter how many kinks there are in the road. And in that respect, it is likely both a quicker and faster car than many others under those circumstances.
The intent of my post, and what I wrote, was exactly that....if a person wants a car that is quick in the quarter mile, they'd be better off with a RWD vehicle for the better traction and to get away from the less than robust MTX.
That's fine and I'm sure there are others that feel the same way as you do. Anyone who buys a car with the intent of running it at the strip will be well advised to stick with a RWD platform unless they are only interested in running against similar cars to the one they have.
Karl

Ok try this. If a person wants a fast car, there are better options out there, If a person wants a quick car, there are a million better options out there.

And ina day to day term, most people would be using the car for under 90mph driving, in which case, Being QUICKER would be much better than being "faster"

You wouldnt have to fight more than two, because after you managed to (if you managed to) beat rawburt, someone like durkee or steeda, or chang, or you get the idea, would step in and put you out like a match. what did you say you were? like 6'2" and 125lbs?:blackeye: :laugh:

Try 6'7" and 190lbs. Judging by pictures, rawburt wouldent be a problem.

tourige, i've beat mustangs. one mustang i raped happened to have a best track time of 12.7. it was a 04 mach1 with some basic mods, manual transmission, and a 4:10 gear ratio in the rear end it dynoed 318 WHP

i dynoed 308 my best at 297 ft lbs/ trq and i managed to get a full car length on it

are contours fast? probably not. but that all depends. all i know is that here in MN, i don't get laughed at by mustang owners.

another mustang i beat was a 5.0 fox body that had everything that could be bolted onto it. Cobra intakes, some mild street cam, a full exhaust, regeared trans, flip switch tune, cobra heads, and some other crap. i beat that guy about six times. i even had people betting on us after we went a couple times, thinking that the mustang had traction problems. he didnt, i just kept running him down

my car hooks because i know how to drive my setup. i'll put it up against your mustang for a small wager at SZ if you dare to show up. you'd better bring a lot of mustang if you want to put me to shame too.

congrats that you got a mustang. someday i'll be getting one. but i won't go bragging it up to a contour forum. it wouldnt be hard for any of us to sell our car and go buy a mustang. it's not like they're rare or anything ;)

tourige, i've beat mustangs. one mustang i raped happened to have a best track time of 12.7. it was a 04 mach1 with some basic mods, manual transmission, and a 4:10 gear ratio in the rear end it dynoed 318 WHP

i dynoed 308 my best at 297 ft lbs/ trq and i managed to get a full car length on it

are contours fast? probably not. but that all depends. all i know is that here in MN, i don't get laughed at by mustang owners.

another mustang i beat was a 5.0 fox body that had everything that could be bolted onto it. Cobra intakes, some mild street cam, a full exhaust, regeared trans, flip switch tune, cobra heads, and some other crap. i beat that guy about six times. i even had people betting on us after we went a couple times, thinking that the mustang had traction problems. he didnt, i just kept running him down

my car hooks because i know how to drive my setup. i'll put it up against your mustang for a small wager at SZ if you dare to show up. you'd better bring a lot of mustang if you want to put me to shame too.

congrats that you got a mustang. someday i'll be getting one. but i won't go bragging it up to a contour forum. it wouldnt be hard for any of us to sell our car and go buy a mustang. it's not like they're rare or anything ;)

Bring a lot of mustang? with a 100 shot i would smoke the crap out of your car.

Plus, so you dont go "if i had" The nitrous is in my room...

I'm kinda a big deal!:cool:

Try 6'7" and 190lbs. Judging by pictures, rawburt wouldent be a problem.

ill be your huckelberry. 5'7 135lbs. and just down right cocky/crazy/confident i'd make you cry like a girly man. alot of us are getting of your mustang is god crap. i wish someone would permaban yo retarded stang driven buttox

ill be your huckelberry. 5'7 135lbs. and just down right cocky/crazy/confident i'd make you cry like a girly man. alot of us are getting of your mustang is god crap. i wish someone would permaban yo retarded stang driven buttox

I never said my mustang was the god of all cars. Im just saying its a better straight line performer than a contour. Having had both a "fast" contour and now the Cobra, i feel i wasted a lot of time and money trying to make a car that wasent meant to go fast, go fast. If i can help other people see the light, then maybe i can save them hours upon hours of working on a car and spending needless money.

Ok try this. If a person wants a fast car, there are better options out there.
For what a used SVTC goes for these days? Name some.
If a person wants a quick car, there are a million better options out there.
Oh, okay. Don't you mean a half a million?
And ina day to day term, most people would be using the car for under 90mph driving, in which case, Being QUICKER would be much better than being FASTER.
All I'm saying is that I think that more people would want a better overall performing car for day to day driving - not a one trick pony (no pun intended).
Karl

I never said my mustang was the god of all cars. Im just saying its a better straight line performer than a contour. Having had both a "fast" contour and now the Cobra, i feel i wasted a lot of time and money trying to make a car that wasent meant to go fast, go fast. If i can help other people see the light, then maybe i can save them hours upon hours of working on a car and spending needless money.

its all personal opinion and yours isnt wanted anymore. everything you say is negative. and quite frankly alot of us are tired of it. is that simple enough for you to understand?

Back