• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just curious... how much would u pay for my car???

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
If i were to sell my car now in its current condition (with the exhaust leak fixed) how much would u pay??? 83K original miles, good condition in and out.... I'm tryin to save money for a 95 SHO MTX that is for sale in my area and was wondering if i could get enough for my car to pay for most of the Taurus.... If anyone on the site is lookin for a car, hit me up...

I bought a 96 mistake, same color and model - $300 runs and drives, dog just ate up the inside a bit....

its a GS:nonono: this car was definantly a Mystake... ugh...:blackeye:

current problems...

oil drain plug bolt is stripped and i cant get it out to change my oil
dip stick is still stuck in the tube (cant drain oil)
blew a tire on the way home, while replacing tire, one stud stripped
interior lights come and go as they please when switch is ON (if i punch it, it works)
car leaks a lot of water when it rains
MAJOR exhaust leak
bad O2 sensor
its just stupid **** like that and it all happened since i've bought the car... People find me weird for this, but i belive cars have personality, and well this car doesnt like me very much. I've tried to do basic maintinance to it, but it wont let me.. i have no money left, i'm due for inspection by the end of the month and i dont know wat to do... any suggestions???

The reality of this situation is that i CANT sell this car, i'm stuck w/ it for a while, so i need it to last....

sorry to hear about the proplems, my Mystique has been anything but a mistake.

Its a 95 LS and I got it in 2000 with 86k on it. Now I still have it and drive it daily, has 192k now.

The bad, two wheel bearings, a radiator, timing belt for maintenence and the valve cover is currently leaking and it maybe leaking somewhere else as the bottom of the motor is covered in oil/dirt, but it doesn't loose any appreciable amount of oil.

knock on wood, the car has never stranded me, even when the radiator turned into a ballon on a drive to and from Pittsburgh to the point the overflow tank was empty.

People find me weird for this, but i belive cars have personality, and well this car doesnt like me very much. I've tried to do basic maintinance to it, but it wont let me.. i have no money left, i'm due for inspection by the end of the month and i dont know wat to do... any suggestions???

The reality of this situation is that i CANT sell this car, i'm stuck w/ it for a while, so i need it to last....
I've heard of love/hate relationships between people and their vehicles but never the other way around simply because there isn't any way to tell how a vehicle feels about its owner. Most of your problems with the car stem from its perhaps former life when chimpanzees or some very ham handed humans were allowed to work on it. Until you set everything right, you will be plagued with that list of problems you posted. If your inspection is only a smog check, at the least you will have to fix the exhaust leak and whatever is tripping the CEL, be it an O2 sensor or not. I don't know about your state but you may be able to get an extension on getting the car registered if that's what the inspection is all about. Start with the most important task and get through that list. If it's just a matter of not knowing what to do, ask away on this site. I'm sure there are other people here who have had similar problems.
Karl

i think it is a smog test... idk how Pa works. i'm planning on gettin the leak fixed today and doint he oil this weekend if i'm not too busy with my girlfriends new 95 Grand Am SE. I need to gut and redo the whole interior:crazy:

just a question for ya'll...i got my tire fixed and went to put it back on. One lug out of the 4 was bein difficult and only came off only to the point where it was even w/ the end of the stud, then it was really hard to screw off. i was only using the lug wrench that came w/ the car and i was pulling up as hard as i could and snapped the stud clear in half... how many of ya'll have done that??? just curious... it really pissed me off, but wat can i expect from a car that i havent had anything BUT problems with. I'll get it fixed soon.

My opinion... I wouldnt buy an SHO, parts are stupid expensive, they are hard to work on, and their differentials are weaker than they were in the contours.

"oil drain plug bolt is stripped and i cant get it out to change my oil"

Easy fix. $5 bolt remover from Advance or Autozone. Or $15 "EZ out".

I stripped mine out a year or so ago, (learned the hard way that you need a 6-point box wrench and not 12-point box wrench for the 15 mm oil drain plug) and took it to the local Midas and paid additional $10 for the bolt (the oil filter change was $20). They usually have all those removal tools handy.

Back