• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

V6 Focus Pics

Very nice focus. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Ever thought about putting the svt focus kit on it?

V6FOCUS: What have you done as far as engine management? Did you use the Contour ECU and OBD2 diagnostic port to make it legal?
yeah i used the contour ecu and the obd2. had to put it in with the engine so it is wrapped in a bag and duct taped under the batery mount. :)

Very nice focus. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Ever thought about putting the svt focus kit on it?

thax. i like the svt kit but am going for a euro look. i have 15in BBR RM wheels which will go on once they get put togeather. then will have to save some more money and get euro spec front and rear bumpers. i already have the euro fenders and wing.......
6e_12_sb.jpg

If you don't mind me asking how much did it end up costing you to shoe it in? Were there any special brakets that you needed?

the cost was greatly offset because of great friends that i have who enjoy doin odd things to cars. i traded my 2.0L Zetec for the Tour motor so that was good. THe most expencive thing was the exhaust. started with a Vibrant exhaust for the focus then had to have custom downpipes made to conect the header to the exhaust. that was about $1500.

we did have to make custom motor mounts. just make them taller to bolt up. along the bottom front of the engine we also had to fab up a bracket....no pics but can get some if you want....

Any pics of your swap would be really cool! I take it you're using an MTX75 still (V6 Version). Any links to info, or if you could copy/past them here would also be very cool!

you're still defending yourself over a non backed up insult. that enhances you being an idiot.

bahahahahaha

0.jpg

keepin this on topic --with a lsd + 3L that thing would be a hoot around the auto-x. keeping it bone stock would be sweet keeping the visual sleeper status

Well if you autox it, I really wouldn't look to add much power. Maybe a 3L when the 2.5L dies, but no big reason to rush it. I'd focus more on setting the car up, including transmission mods like a lsd.

For auto x a bit more power would be nice cause right now i am in a class with sti's and s2000's and am getting worked.

Possibly an LSD is going in in June or July. Just wateing to see if i can get it......

For auto x a bit more power would be nice cause right now i am in a class with sti's and s2000's and am getting worked.

Possibly an LSD is going in in June or July. Just wateing to see if i can get it......
Yeah but adding more than the car can handle would be just as bad. Tires, suspension, and driving experience will make a bigger difference in your times. But in the class you're in, I don't think you'll ever truly be competitive. You may be able to beat some people in your region, but a fwd focus w/ an engine swap won't be in a class that it can really do good in. Just have fun.

Back