• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My current daily driver

Buddy Palumbo

Hard-core CEG'er
In light of my Jetta being totalled by a jerk young kid rear-ending me at a red light & selling my SVT to BrApple , I found myself SOL in the car department . So I decided to borrow my brother's car to get back & forth to work . Here are a few pics .
P9090342.jpg

P9090343.jpg

P9090344.jpg

For the curious , it's a '61 Morris Minor . I built it for him probably 10 years ago to use as his D.D. when he was in town . It has some upgrades , like a 40-over 1275 engine w/dual carbs (up from the single-carbed 1098 it had originally) , it now has disc brakes up front & all suspension bushing have been replaced with poly bushings . It's a hoot to drive & gets way more attention than nearly any car on the road . You can't go anywhere without having to stop & explain the car to people . It's cool . The poor guy need to be touched-up here & there with some patching . Sitting outside 24/7 in PA takes it's toll . The former owner drove it from Del Mar California to the east coast in the mid '80's . That must've been a loooooong trip ! Now it only gets a few thousand a year .

Yep , it was made in England .

Nope - no need for a silly hat with this car , lol :D !!

Seriously , this car is a chick magnet . Even Glenn could get laid if he were driving this thing , lol :nonono: !!

Just kidding Glenn ... just kidding :help:

Sweet ride!

I was right then. ;)

blownmorris.JPG

I think Ian needs to borrow that car. ;) Glenn at least has a chick. :D

Last edited:
Sweet ride!

I was right then. ;)

I think Ian needs to borrow that car. ;) Glenn at least has a chick. :D

Then I'll rephrase that ...

Seriously , this car is a chick magnet . Even IAN could get laid if he were driving this thing , lol :nonono: !!

It'd be way cool to have that engine in Robert's Minor :drool:

That's much better. :D Ian gets dibs on it when you are done. :laugh:

A blown Morris Minor, :cool:

Those MM's are a hot little ride.

Forget building an SVT Ian. :) We just solved your problem.

wow 2 pages in and i havent replied? well since a had a chick refer to my car as cute!!(she was really hot so i let it go). i think ill pass on that tiny thing there. first it does look pretty sweet but when a 6'3" kid climbs out kind of makes it look like a clown car. hell youd have to cut a hole in the roof so i could see.

In light of my Jetta being totalled by a jerk young kid rear-ending me at a red light & selling my SVT to BrApple , I found myself SOL in the car department . So I decided to borrow my brother's car to get back & forth to work . . .

Quoted from the first post. ;)

Allen is just borrowing the Morris for the time being.

It on loan.
I even offered my SVT to him to drive until he got something.
:shocked: :D

Back