• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

V6 Focus Pics

We put rkneeshaw's hybrid in years ago w/o issue and also I know A2 Steve never had issue. I know of a few other from the web that haven't had issue. I wouldn't have an issue with building a hybrid. Alias really needs to concentrate on school instead of CEG.

I still remember the V6 Focus that was at SZ02', anyone got pics of that:confused:

Not SZ02 but at the 2006 Carlisle show, these two were there:

V61.jpg

V62.jpg

V63.jpg

only 30? Maybe for a straight oval port. I bet with a properly built hybrid (since he really can only go N/A) he could net 240WHP np.

Although a 3.0L Hybrid still has oil drainback issues :troutslap:

1. 30HP for your basic swap, yes. Whether it be an oval port or hybrid. Bolt-ons, porting, and tuning will obviously increase those numbers.

2. Why can he only go N/A? Did you not see the picture above, of the Focus with the 2.5L Duratec and blower?

3. Oil drainback issues or not, my Hybrid has performed very well for almost 4 years and almost 40k miles. Maybe the new owner will keep me posted on the car, after he takes delivery this Sunday.

Mark

only 30? Maybe for a straight oval port. I bet with a properly built hybrid (since he really can only go N/A) he could net 240WHP np.

240 whp is VERY generous regardless of what kind of 3.0L swap you have. I think timeless420 made right around 240 whp with his highly modded high compression 3.0L. DavidZ made about the same with his custom cammed 3.0L. 220 whp is about the max for most people that do modded 3.0L swaps. Im not saying 240 whp is acheivable, but its certainly isnt "a gimme" like you claim.

Last edited:
Why don't you just look at fabbing up a remote mount system for the focus? That would make it all that much more unique.

wow.....so many post to read.

first off this car as awsome to drive. lots of torque in a small car is great. just put in FK Highsport Coilovers with Mondeo springs. way beter than the SHM suspention that was in there.

as for doing the 3.0L swap. is it just keeping the stock block and changing the top half? what year engine do you guys use. is there a link to this swap?

what kind of options are there for cams for the 3.0L or the 2.5L?

do you guys use bigger TB's? any noticable gains.

I'd spray a big shot on the svt engine and when it takes a dump go to a 3L... then run a slightly smaller shot. With good tires and suspension setup, you'd run some good times at the strip.

right now the car is my daily and im not a big drag kid. i do more auto x so a shot does not help out that much......when i get my truck next month and the car tuns into a fun car to play with then that is when the mods will go in........

Back