• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vehicle suggestions needed

SVTandSRT

CEG'er
I thought I'd throw out this question:

The 2 cars I drive are the SRT-4 and the SVT, neither of which have been very good for me in the snow(probably more tire choice then anything). I'm having thoughts of possibly getting rid of both and buying 2 cheaper vehicles. It would work something like this:
Sell the SVT for approx. $6K
Sell the SRT-4 for approx. $16K
Total=$22K

Then.....maybe buy a used 2nd gen Explorer(for daily driving) and a fox body mustang(for modding). I could probably get into both for around $12-15K...leaving me with a good amount of money left over.

I just feel like it's time for a change,..plus I could really use the extra money. I make settlement on a house on Friday and it's draining my life savings...haha.

Any other vehicle suggestions? Maybe just get something like a wrx wagon? I'm sure many will say just keep the SVT,..but honestly I want something faster:shrug:

Don't get me wrong,......I LOVE MY CARS!

Why not keep the SVT and get Blizzack's (sp?) for it. I have BFG Traction T/A's on mine and have never had a problem getting around.

Where in the Philly Suburbs are you?

all i'm gonna say is don't get your hopes up and expect to sell the SVT for your asking price. Especially 6k, unless it's got ridiculously low miles.

EDIT: though the market does seem in your favor right now

i will say that a set of snow tires will be cheaper than 2 "new" cars...let alone gas guzzling cars.

Last edited:
all i'm gonna say is don't get your hopes up and expect to sell the SVT for your asking price. Especially 6k, unless it's got ridiculously low miles.

EDIT: though the market does seem in your favor right now

i will say that a set of snow tires will be cheaper than 2 "new" cars...let alone gas guzzling cars.
I don't think $6K is too high. It only has 70k miles and has been very tastefully modded.
I also don't want the SVT as my only car. In all honesty it's not fast enough for me. I'm used to low 13's with how the SRT currently is,...and of course I want to continue going faster...lol.:laugh:

You didn't even meet us all yet and you want to sell the SVT. *sad face*

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Still, I hate to see another SVT sold.

You didn't even meet us all yet and you want to sell the SVT. *sad face*

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Still, I hate to see another SVT sold.
I don't want to sell it. And may end up not selling it. But finances may dictate otherwise. If I wasn't writing a check for $58,XXX tomorrow then I might have a different outlook...lol.

Even if it does get sold:cry: I'd still like to bring whatever car I have out to the meets:eek:

I actually may need a truck this winter also.

For the past couple of years my friends has had some very lucrative snow plowing contracts. He can pay me $75/hour if I use my own truck. Last year just as a driver he paid me $30/hr.

Spending a good 100 hours plowing/salting at $75/hour sounds good!!!!!

i found my SVT on autotrader back in the day

+1. That's where my SVT was found.

That's why I was thinking a WRX Wagon. Fairly quick, AWD, plus some cargo capacity.

If you're going to go the WRX route and want a wagon come see me. I saw you live in the Philly area. I work a John Kennedy Subaru and I have one 07 wagon left and a brand new 08 wagon if you're interested let me know.

Yeah I found my 'Tour on Autotrader too, with 78K in perfect condition, they had it listed at 5900! But it had sat on their lot for 3 months so they immediately took my offer of 4500, had to drive about 2 hours or so, but thanks to Bobby Rahal Toyota in Mechanicsburg, I got a very nice running and reliable fun car.

Back