• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New suspension goodness

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I had all my suspension rebuilt over the weekend. It's been LONG overdue.

4 blown rusted out KONI struts, bad drivers front hub, wheel bearing, CV joint, broken rear subframe, loosen front passenger strut, bad front end link, squeaky bushings.....

The replacement parts, all brand new:
KONI Springs
BAT Struts
Redcoat Raceworks Reinforced Rear Subframe
Redcoat Raceworks Tubular Control Arms
Redcoat Raceworks Boxed Main Control Arms
Redcoat Raceworks Spherical Rod End Links
Roush 21mm Sway Bar
Stazi rebuilt hub
Front and rear strut mounts and front bearings

aircougar took care of the install for me and got it done in a afternoon over the weekend. Car drives like new all over again. :cool:

DSCF1858Medium.jpg

DSCF1859Medium.jpg

DSCF1861Medium.jpg

DSCF1862Medium.jpg

DSCF1863Medium.jpg

DSCF1864Medium.jpg

I also noticed a new front axle in there too. Looks like that should last you for quite a few miles.

Yeah, I still need to work that problem out. :mad:

96BlackSE didn't send me the axle I ordered for about 1 month after the order was made. When I finally got it, it turn out to be for an ATX. I'm not very happy about that.

aircougar was lucky enough to have a spare axle at his place that got installed.

Last edited:
Looks good Tony! Now, to finish off the handling of the car, you just need to find 3 more wheels to match the one in the background, leaning on your fence. What are those, 36"s? :laugh:

Actually that's my spare. It's replacing the SVT spare. Still not sure how to fit it in the trunk yet. :shrug: :laugh:

So did Koni warrenty the struts? I think my rear issue has been worn out upper strut mounts. If I'm going to do those I want to send my shiz to Koni for inspection. The car came with them so I don't have a receipt. Hopefully I can get a tech on the line an be persuasive. I think I'm going to swap my reinforced rear SF w/ aussie bar and put it on the red car. Actually most of the goodies are making it over. :D

96BlackSE didn't send me the axle I ordered for about 1 month after the order was made. When I finally got it, it turn out to be for an ATX. I'm not very happy about that.

aircougar was lucky enough to have a spare axle at his place that got installed.

Yeah Greg has pretty much everything lying around his place, lol! Looks like I have a good source to replace my rear suspension next summer! My poor 'Tour has major a$$ sag! Freakin' subwoofers :cool:

Where do you get

Redcoat Raceworks Reinforced Rear Subframe
Redcoat Raceworks Tubular Control Arms
Redcoat Raceworks Boxed Main Control Arms
Redcoat Raceworks Spherical Rod End Links

Ok cool, I will contact him about them when I go overseas. I will have time to wait for them so thats not a problem.

Awsome, yeah I have heard nothing but good things about Brad and his products. It will be well worth whatever money he charges.

I dont think its Nimas fault. GCK is based out of China IIRC. Starjammir was sent the wrong axle 2 times (and handed it off to me the second time before he realized) Im still waiting for the proper axle to get off the boat from china!

Back