• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A great man died last night

EvanSDSVT

CEG'er
My father Phil Jay Green, passed away last night at 10:05 pm. He fought a two year battle with esophogeal cancer. He was just 52. He fought it hard and went through hell to make it this far, as they only gave him a few weeks to live back in feb. 2005. And he showed them what was up. But it was finally his time. He was in so much pain and we did everything we could. He was in experimental gene therapy studies that showed promise but ultimately couldnt deliver, he took way more radiation that the lethal lifetime amount allowed and was looking into getting more. He went through so many horrible rounds of chemo that put many others in his same shape in the ICU for months. We did everything we could to make him comfortable and he was surrounded by his loving sisters and family when he passed last night. It was the hardest thing I have ever done to let him go, but he isn't in pain anymore and I am so grateful we had time to say goodbye. We got him home for as long as possible and then when it was time we brought him to UCSD so he could be as comfortable as possible.

I had planned to work on my CSVT today, but obviously I do not have it in me, so I brought her into the shop for a little visit to the doctor. New brakes, a tune up and the removal of a wierd clicking noise are in her near future and when I am ready to pick her up in a few days she will be getting some much needed detailing and hopefully soon, Paint! I am going to be taking some time off from work for a while so in order to keep from sulking too much I have some projects planned for my cars. I just wish he were here to help.
:cry:

R.I.P Dad

March 16, 1954 - March 7, 2007

im sorry to hear about your dad. he was young. i hope your family is okay. at least you know hes in a better place now.

I can't imagine what a loss like that feels. He went though a lot. Life goes on though, just take it slowly.

I'm so sorry for your loss! :cry:
Remember what you said:" but he isn't in pain anymore and I am so grateful we had time to say goodbye." Both very important things.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. we are beginning all the arrangements now for the funeral and remembrances. It is overwhelming all the things we have ahead of us. But we have a large and helpful family.

-Evan

Your Dad sounds like he was, & will always be, a stud! I'm sorry for your loss, but I hope you always keep him in your heart.

-Aaron

My dad will be 51 this year....that makes me want to spend more time with him while I still have him here.

My sincerest thoughts go out to you and your family. Keep hanging in there, and keep yourself busy!!! Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders :)

So sorry mate, very hard times.

My dad got 3 months, lasted 3 weeks, how we filled out the weeks, memories live forever.

Very sorry to hear about your loss....I can't imagine what you and your family are going through, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry for your loss man, my dad was 49 when a brain anuerism no one knew he had burst, I was 14 and I know how it feels, but you'll get through it, life goes on and be thankful you got to say goodbye to him before his time, I didn't get that chance and I regret it every day, but if you ever miss him, just think back to the good times you had with him, it helps me.

Back