• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Steeda Riser Plate

i also want to know this. i did not know about this shifter..... please make the plate for this. 71.50 i am all over this....

I just heard back from Steve at Tousley Ford. I can get the Ford Shifter in the link below for $71.50 plus shipping! Thats huge! He also believes it's the same shifter as the Steeda one. As he is running the Ford Racing Performance Parts short throw in his SVT Focus.

Before I buy the shifter though I want to know for sure that this riser plate is being made.

you know you could make your own raiser plate out of wood if you wanted ... or you could use the plastic reatiner under the shifter if you get nuts to use with the longer bolts to retain everything ...

Yes, I am getting the plates made. I will hopefully have a final price today.
I will let you know.
Paul Wyndham

I have a prototype made I would like to try out before I give the final go ahead. If someone that has a Steeda or similar could send me their address I could send this on out (BrApple?).

Last edited:
Yes, I am getting the plates made. I will hopefully have a final price today. Should be between 10 and 15 plus shipping, depends on what they charge for the setup and the final price of the aluminum.

I will let you know.
Paul Wyndham

I have a prototype made I would like to try out before I give the final go ahead. If someone that has a Steeda or similar could send me their address I could send this on out (BrApple?).

I could test it out but I would not be able to do that until 31st .. maybe the 24th but most likely not ... unless you want to overnight it to me for tomorrow ... but I don't think that is worth the cost ...

reason: the car is about an hour from me and I only go down there on the weekends and I will be away on vacation next weekend/week (17th-24th)

It looks like you do need the riser plate - according to the instructions. On the focus you have to move some wires out from under the new shifter because it will now hit them. They also state in the directions that you do not have to move your hand as far as with other shifters on the market - meaning that they extended the bottom shaft. Just my take on it.

And CSVT #49 said that the guy at the dealership said he thinks it is the same as the Steeda.

do u even need the plate if i get the ford shifter??

He has the shifter in stock at the dealership so I'm stopping by on Monday after work to pickup the shifter. I'll let you know if the riser plate is needed when I go to install it. I'm guessing I will though.

Back