• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Happy Birthday BrApple!

many weekends working on my father on this project ....:

LOL, Is that what you meant^^^^ If so I know what you mean, My dad also has a car project thats been in the garage for like 30 years or so. I guess I need to work on him to get some motivation going.

crap .... I need to start proof reading my posts more.

The project has taken a few weekend working with my father to get the motor built, installed and running. Also if I wasn't around each weekend to help push the project forward it may not have gotten to where it is at this time.

And for years I have been asking him to help work on the car.

As for motivation to get the project finished, i think it was more about time, planning, money then just not having motivation. It just everything finally worked out so that it could be done. Also the purchase of the 06 help spur this along.

I'm also very impressed, alot of things my father has done from memory. I mean we looked up alot of torque specs and things but alot about how the car was put together was from when he took the car apart and had worked on it in the past.

so it was both, some motivation to keep pishing forward and being there to help with all of the work.

Back