• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Craigslist parts car

Steve, don't give John any more projects. Please. We need to finish my car! (j/k)

If you do get it, I'll definately help vulture it out. If the codes match, I'll take the PCM, and prolly a few other odds and ends.

what a shame :nonono: so........young....:cry:

is this at a junkyard or somebody's house?

anyone know if you have to pay registration for a totaled car? besides being a non-op. if so, thats kinda gay since itll never see the road again.
Its at a second hand car dealers junk yard. They were planning to get it back on the road but couldn't get the title converted. They said that the skirts were probably in the yard somewhere, but I doubt they would be in any kind of serviceable shape given that state of the yard.

i'm interested in the brakes and exhaust, since the body kit seems to be hosed. :nonono:

well i talked to john about this today and he said he'd be able to roll down with me next saturday. reason being ive never had to hook up a car to tow dolly or trailer and i wouldnt want to fugg it up. Matt, Ari, if you either of you want to take a day trip to help us get this thing that would be cool. also if any SDers could meet up with us to help us push this thing on the trailer. it aint gonna be easy and i dont know what the people there will be like. plus, it would be the ideal time to pull off any parts youd want while the car is still down there; saving on shipping etc...

i can also bring down some SFCs if anyone wants a set. you'd save $50 on the shipping for them...

hey man i;ll help if he can do my uim/lim cleaning and a few other goodies too. so are you buying this thing?

edit: i have hooked up more then a few cars in my day should be a cake walk if it has 4 wheels and the trailor is sound.

well i talked to john about this today and he said he'd be able to roll down with me next saturday. reason being ive never had to hook up a car to tow dolly or trailer and i wouldnt want to fugg it up. Matt, Ari, if you either of you want to take a day trip to help us get this thing that would be cool. also if any SDers could meet up with us to help us push this thing on the trailer. it aint gonna be easy and i dont know what the people there will be like. plus, it would be the ideal time to pull off any parts youd want while the car is still down there; saving on shipping etc...

i can also bring down some SFCs if anyone wants a set. you'd save $50 on the shipping for them...
I'd definately be happy to help. I think you'll need it, its parked in pretty well and on a decent hill too. The guys were OK but I don't think they'll be super helpful. Hope you talked them down pretty substantially, they really just want it gone.

You probably want a trailer too. It looked like the tires still had air in them but I wouldn't trust them on the highway after sitting there for god knows how long.

Is this car located in San Diego?

I would be willing to help get the car to someone's house/storage facility. I can help tow it too (F250) if the new owner was renting a tow dolly.

If there are any front bumper supports/brackets I could use those and I would like to buy everything in the trunk (carpet, side panels, spare tire, jack, hold down, etc)

I will keep an eye on this thread.

Did anyone do anything about this? The posting expired a few days ago so I couldn't see what it was. I wouldn't mind having a fairly new engine/MTX.
Karl

planning to. ive just been sick these past few days. so far no one has flaked yet. ive got to call that place to see whats up.

my buddy john may be interested in the motor for a csvt he's working on. pm me how much you want for it.

im glad at least someone from here got it. i felt bad that people weren't going to be able to get their parts they wanted after we got them all excited. :crazy:

I need a transmission if you can spare it... but san diego is a long way from Wisconsin... If you get it that is....

Back