• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do these really help mpg?

no.. and no.

and before you find it on Ebay.. the Tornado intake, the "IAT resistor chip" and the pills you put in your tank are all absolute crap, too.

edit: I lied.. TECHNICALLY, you will get SLIGHTLY better mileage, due to weight reduction. you car will carry less weight and get better mileage... it all depends on how much the US currency actually weighs, because you will be losing MONEY from your wallet, and thus weigh less. :) ding!

SNAKE OIL ALERT!!

Both of those devices work very well. They do exactly what they were designed to do. What you must realize is that they were designed to part you from your money. To do so their advertising must be compelling.

No!

The IAT chip that 'adds 20hp' has been dyno proven to actually drop power (IIRC it was on a Mustang). In theory, it should work, but in real world, no way!

The tornado intake has a good idea, but very poor execution... I read a while ago that in theory it would help, if the rest of the intake was designed for it. Otherwise it does nothing!

Some engineers were probly thinking of cool things that might help, got it working on paper, then some 'entrepreneur' made them, even though they don't work in the real world.

Last edited:
Actually the turnater fuel saver probably does work! It restricts the air flow on the intake so much you can't accelerate at a high RPM! :laugh:

My neighbor mentioned that the Ford dealer he bought his truck from installs those Tornado things. I don't know if it's per a customer's request or on all the cars they get on the lot. Don't know if they charge extra for them or not.
Karl

Well, I'm sure they are just as effective at seperating you from your money regardless of engine application.

I haven't heard anything to support these being beneficial in any sense. Manufacturers simply aren't creating or building platforms that can utilize any of this "help" to any further degree.

iconNeu_16x16.gif
Fast shipping, after 10 tanks of gas still no difference in mpg, w/ 3 magsjla49 ( 105
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)
Aug-06-07 10:22 Lot of 6 Magnetic Gas Fuel Savers for ALL Cars & Trucks (#170119677647)

WOW, A sucker x3. I can't believe he even gave a nuetral. I can't believe anyone that bought one of these things gave a positive.

I'm not but i did hear on CNN or something like that that someone predicted that the gas price will go down to under 2.00 a gallon!!! I doubt it will but that would be awesome if it does!

Go for it but only if it is 11tybillion dollars.. why so much you say???:shrug: it add 11tybillion HP TO TMF WHEELS....:nonono:

- Amyn

Back