• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

s2knott silly guy

mattsBLK99cSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
i told u would win next time do it at the dragstrip so you can post vids and stuff and not be a goof and get your thread locked up

ill try once i get new rims and a tune. (got one mildy bent rim, flat spot or whatever)

and honestly i dont see what the big deal is about street racing, yeh i know its dangerous and people die but why cant we talk about it???? please just make a section called street encounters or whatever and let us have a ball, and if you dont like street racing or like to bash it stay out! thats what every other forum except CEG has had, christ ever the ford taurus forum allows street racing talk....

Ford Taurus forums and "every other forum" also have childish, immature banter, grotesquely huge banners, signatures, foul language, and a general disdain for a welcoming attitude...

You want all that "it" encompasses? take off.. join those forums.. I relish the fact that I can open CEG at work, or in public, or at my parents and NEVER have to worry about what they MIGHT read over my shoulder..

PS.. street racing is against the rules here.. Simply saying "close it if you must" does not cut it. warnings and infractions are to follow from now on for breaking them.

i don't know man maybe there's just a bunch of old farts out here who just pimp cruise and don't drive their cars hard. heck look at my sig its the truth

That's me... an old fart...
and..

well.. heck.. I guess the second half of your post pertains to me, too..
so:
heck look at my sig its the truth

:D :D :D

but honestly wouldnt it make sense to give us one place to talk about it and no where else, that why if you dont want to hear about it, you dont go in the racing section?

i just think that people overreact.

just because 4 teens died in a WRX crash (which is just horrible dont get me wrong) we cant talk about racing cause it kills people?

maybe im starting a nuclear war, but i think its time i really voiced my opinion here, because i really cant stand not being able to talk about my cars on the street performance.

so please mods, just give us a section to talk about street racing in!

ps dont ban me.

agreed s2knott i believe dodge came out with srt. what does srt mean everyone? STREET RACING TECHNOLOGY were talking a huge corportation reputating street racing

You aren't starting a nuclear war.. and I wouldn't ban you.. not for speaking your mind.

It isn't that you can't talk about it in light of recent events... its actually the other way around.

recent events COULD POSSIBLY stem from someone talking about it. Someone hears someone else talk/show street racing, and thus they follow suit, attempting to do so with bad skill/luck/timing and kill themselves or someone else.

CEG does not condone it.. period.. you (the members) will not ever get a street racing forum, nor will it ever be allowed. That is one of the founding principles of this site. There are half a million sites you can get it out of your system on.. being able to do it on here isn't required.

I have been here for 6 or 7 years.. I can count on possibly one hand the members we've lost.. and on far less fingers the members we've lost to street accidents. We are just a safer site. Instead of complaining that we are ABOVE the rest of the general population of car sites, you are complaing and asking that we lower our standards to their level.

You don't like having high standards? That's fine.. some people aren't cut out to make it in a high cut-off place. Maybe those places would be better for you. Think you can cut it here? Good.. step up, try, and in 5 years or so, you'll look back to see how ignorant you were at this time (on this topic). Everyone does it.. hopefully you will last on here long enough to mature on that topic, as well.

well i agree with Ray. even though I'm 20 id like to keep this forum mature. also if we start talking about street racing then we are just asking for trouble. and i know its a matter of time before they turn "Dateline NBC's to catch a predator" into "to catch the street racers". id just rather not advertise on the Internet that people are street racing.

I guess having it on the internet is much worse than having it in nearly every car oriented movie that has come out in the past 5 years.:shocked:

yea but thats not REAL. and dumbass kids that kill people all to often don't realize that. if we talk about it then we are encouraging it. if you want to talk about it so bad goto www.newcougar.org they have a "road tales" section.
I'm done talking about this issue... end

I guess anyone who wants to talk street racing can start their own forum. :idea: FWIW, I'd sure be :mad: if someone who was street racing lost control and crashed into any vehicle I was driviing. If they were't dead from the crash, they they might wish they were after I got finished with them.
Karl

I guess anyone who wants to talk street racing can start their own forum. :idea: FWIW, I'd sure be :mad: if someone who was street racing lost control and crashed into any vehicle I was driviing. If they were't dead from the crash, they they might wish they were after I got finished with them.
Karl
X a million:mad:

yea but thats not REAL. and dumbass kids that kill people all to often don't realize that. if we talk about it then we are encouraging it. if you want to talk about it so bad goto www.newcougar.org they have a "road tales" section.
I'm done talking about this issue... end

Excellent...he took your advice. :rolleyes:

Bob, I think you really should try and be more careful. I know your young and want to push your car hard and race, and I'd love to do the same, but there is a time and place for everything man, and an industrial park is NOT the place. Try going to some car show and drag strips and race there. Granted it'll cost you something, but it's much more fun than if you were to race in an industrial park and possibly hurt yourself. We wouldn't want anyone on these boards getting hurt. :nonono: And I'll probably get a warning for this, but I have witnessed a race in an industrial park, we have one in town, and let me tell you, it's not cool. I nearly watched one of my friends get into a head-on collision. And not to mention, once they had finished, not two minutes had passed until a cop drove by. BAD IDEA. Your going to get a nasty ticket or get yourself hurt. You can LEGALLY drive your car hard you know. No one says you can't pull away fast from stop lights/signs or pulling out of streets. Heck I do that all the time :shrug:

no warnings for telling true tales of why we don't allow it.

And TECHNICALLY, you can't "legally" pull away hard.. Its called "excessive acceleration" and carries a ticket/fine as well, even if you are WELL under the speed limit.

Ray,

Before joining this forum I was a part, and still am a part of the TCCA. I think you have it all wrong. That forum is a wealth of knowledge, and if you can show me where people are swearing, and all the other things you said about it, than please do, however in my short time, and I am just making a statement I've found more of that here, and just people being short with the newbies than I've ever seen in the TCCA. Just my .02

"Ford Taurus forums and "every other forum" also have childish, immature banter, grotesquely huge banners, signatures, foul language, and a general disdain for a welcoming attitude... Quote from Ray"

Adam

Check it out if you don't believe me. www.tauruscarclub.com

Last edited:
ill try once i get new rims and a tune. (got one mildy bent rim, flat spot or whatever)

and honestly i dont see what the big deal is about street racing, yeh i know its dangerous and people die but why cant we talk about it???? please just make a section called street encounters or whatever and let us have a ball, and if you dont like street racing or like to bash it stay out! thats what every other forum except CEG has had, christ ever the ford taurus forum allows street racing talk....

Like Ray has said, CEG cant force people not to street race, or speed, or campaign for Drive 55 to stay alive. We can however eliminate any discussion that would promote it. I used to think like you did and have come to see (in a short amount of time) that its not a necessary feature, CEG is not missing anything because it lacks a street racing forum. If you feel so inclined, you own an SVT vehicle and can post your kill stories over on SVTperformance... right in between the ones with 600hp cobras and 800 hp porsche 996.

agreed s2knott i believe dodge came out with srt. what does srt mean everyone? STREET RACING TECHNOLOGY were talking a huge corportation reputating street racing

Wrong,

Street and Racing Technology, they dont condone street racing either
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_and_Racing_Technology

And TECHNICALLY, you can't "legally" pull away hard.. Its called "excessive acceleration" and carries a ticket/fine as well, even if you are WELL under the speed limit.

Well from my experience (not getting pulled over for it ever...) and from what other people have told me (for getting pulled over for it...), it seems the cop will care if your tires spin out of even chirp. Otherwise as long as your under the speed limit they won't care as much. Plenty-a-cop have followed me out of parking lots cuz I pull out fast (love the sound of the engine! :drool: ), but they become disappointed when I top off at no more than 5 mph over the speed limit...

Back