• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aussie Gen 2 Grill Mesh GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Goonz - Full set (will send oval) PAID
2. Shizapooh- DIY - PAID
3. icysvt-DIY (payment sent)
4. pimdpcontour. will send oval and payment no later then the 5th
5. holyrollerzc3 - full set(will send oval)PAID
6. Black 98 Csvt- Full set (will send oval)
7. Clay_SVT-Full Set (Will send oval)
8. LUCA - Full Set- DIY PAID
9. Blast 47 - Full Set -(will send oval) - PAID
10.SweetSVT- Full Set- PAID
11.Trhlz1222-Full Set(will send oval)
12. Cannondalemtb - DIY (payment will be sent by the 3rd)
13. Black98csvt- Full Set DIY (PAID by LUCA)
14. OB1 - Full Set DIY - PAID
15.Fordman302-Full Set-Will send Oval-Payment will be sent in 24-48hrs

can you please mine are all broke off two.

Here ya go:
U-Type Speed Nuts, 12 in a pack (assorted). They are in a plastic package with an orange insert with "Dorman" at the top.
The number on the back of the package is 961-305. I found them at Advance the "spinning rack". ;)

front-1.jpg

Sorry for the blurry shot, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
2. Shizapooh- DIY - PAID
12. Cannondalemtb - DIY (payment will be sent by the 3rd)
15.Fordman302-Full Set-Will send Oval.PAID.

how much are you asking for the mesh? and would paint stick to the mesh pretty well if i took the correct steps?

how much are you asking for the mesh? and would paint stick to the mesh pretty well if i took the correct steps?
follow the link in the original post. To answer your question though if you do the oval its 65 for a set if he does the oval 95 a set and if it is an se oval it will be 105

2. Shizapooh- DIY - PAID
12. Cannondalemtb - DIY - PAID

UPDATE!

OK guys, the payments have been coming in pretty well and I have ordered the mesh and will be picking it up from the distributor tomorrow.

I will then start precutting it into the three pieces for each kit over this coming week.

For those that ordered the DIY Kit, I will ship out each DIY kit by the end of this week, provided you paid of course.

For those who have sent or are sending me their ovals, I will then start doing each oval in the order I got them.

So far only Goonz and Holyrollerz have supplied me with their ovals.

To those waiting to send me their ovals, please do it now.

The ovals should be sent to:

ATTN: Anastazi
c/o SKF USA
46815 Port St
Plymouth MI

It will take me about 1.5 to 2 weeks to have the grill shipped back to you from the time I receive it. This allows me a few days to do each one and I will ship out each one with the rest of the kit to you as I finish your oval.

To answer some questions I have received and maybe some people are possibly wondering about:
1) Yes, it is FINE to drive around without the oval, the bumper support behind it is way strong enough to protect your radiator, so long as you aren't doing suicide runs across Bagdad and need to dodge bullets.

2) SE (NON-SVT) grills sent to me are MORE WORK. So their is a $10 up-charge on those grills - so $105 total.

3) Shipping to Canada is NOT included, pleasecontact me for the freight costs to Canada.

4) I ship to Canada with USPS Regular Mail unless you want to pay the premium for Expedited Mail

5) DO NOT ASK ME TO SHIP TO PO BOXES - this stuff won't fit in your box :idea:

6) Installation:
Each piece will be cut to fit each opening of the bumper. IT is not a drop in piece that will fit with no work on your part. Some tabs, especially on the front lower section will need to be trimmed a little to fit the grills openings. Don't cut the grill unless you REALLY need to - cos if you cut it worng it'll look like crap when if you end up seeing the cuts. Remember, measure twice, cut once. The bumpers tabs are EASILY trimmed with a SHARP box cutter and/or a Dremel. My reccomendation is to use deck screws or a similar self-tapping screw, together with an electric drill to hold the FRONT LOWER mesh on. You do this by pushing the grill forward so it is flush against the bumpe and then insert the screw into the tab BEHIND the mesh goin up (on the upper tabs) and going DOWN on the lower tabs. For the rear mesh, the stock clips will work fine, and you can use ones you took off from the front to double up. Also screws work well here also.
For the OVAL - the measure 4 times cut once priciple is key here. You are on your own for this one if you chose the DIY kit, but take it slow and don't FORCE the oval pieces to do anything cos it'll break.

Thanks and for those that haven't ordered and are sitting on the fence - do it now. I will close orders in a week or so and after that you're SOL till I decide to make more.

7) If you sent me your Oval and did NOT pay the full $95 or include the $30 balance (or $40 for NON-SVT ovals) with the package, I will not ship backyour oval till I recieve payment in full. No ifs, no buts!

Thanks and all the best,
Stazi

Last edited:
i've wanted this mesh for a long time, i can't wait to get it all painted up and installed... too bad it'll be a while

well, im having the whole car painted white, and the shop will be painting my oval as well

2. Shizapooh- DIY - PAID
6. Black 98 Csvt- Full set (will send oval) PAID
12. Cannondalemtb - DIY - PAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back