• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best local food

Trapps

Track Marshal
The Mexican food thread got me thinking (it is lunchtime). Post your favorite places. Type - name, location.

Thai - Pi Thai, John R & 10 mile
Sushi - cafe sushi, Maple East of Coolidge or mikki in A2

Take out Chinese - Golden Chopsticks, Pontiac Trail and Beck in a Stip Mall on the corner
Deli - St. Georges Deli, Main Street in Down Town Milford
Pizza/Everything Else - Starting Gate Saloon, North Center Street in Down Town Northville (This place has some of the BEST food around!)

Last edited:
Thai - Pi Thai, John R & 10 mile
Sushi - cafe sushi, Maple East of Coolidge or mikki in A2

For Sushi, have you tried Noble Fish at 14 mile, north side just east of main? Most I talk to say it's better than cafe Sushi and actually the best in SE Mich.

Indian- Raja Rani in Ann Arbor. I've only had their buffet (on several occassions), never tried their dishes. Ohhh man, thinking about their buffet is making me hungry now. :drool:

For Sushi, have you tried Noble Fish at 14 mile, north side just east of main? Most I talk to say it's better than cafe Sushi and actually the best in SE Mich.

It is the best, but if you want any elbow room or a drink, then Cafe Sushi. Cafe sushi gets their fish (as do most local joints) from Noble Fish.

Italian - The Olive Garden - Brighton at Lee Rd exit

Did I read this right??!?!?!?! McItalian at its finest. :D

My picks:

Italian -- Antonio's in Dearborn Heights on Ford Rd. between Beech Daly and Inkster
Maisano's in Novi on the corner of Novi and Grand River

Mexican -- Lupita's on Bagley in Mexicantown... Armando's and Los Galanes are good too.

Thai -- Bangkok 96 in Dearborn on Telegraph just south of Michigan Ave.

Chinese -- Fortuna Inn in South Lyon/Great China in Brighton (same owners, same kick-ass food)

Burgers -- Lots of great places to get one, but The Detroiter Bar down in Bricktown on Beaubien is tough to beat. The Anchor Bar on Fort has a great burger as well...

Last edited:
Carababa's > OG big time.

Thai = Mi Garlic on plymouth rd #1 beef
Mexican't= Manuels or this hole in the wall place on middlebelt
Middle Eastern= La Pita > La shish is every aspect and cost about 1/2 as much

Mexican't= Manuels or this hole in the wall place on middlebelt
Middle Eastern= La Pita > La shish is every aspect and cost about 1/2 as much

that place on middlebelt was good . . . we definately need to go back.

La Pita I've only been to a couple of times, but La Shish is definately overrated and owned by a guy with ties to terrorist groups (IIRC he fled the country too)

For middle eastern I like New Yasmeen I think on Warren near Greenfield.

Chinese - gourmet garden off of stadium in A2
burgers - blimpy burger, downtown A2
pizza - pizza house, south U A2
Italian - Palio - A2
Pub / grub - Conner oneils A2

Back