• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre98 in HDRI

Pre98

Hard-core CEG'er
Just one for now. :) I need center caps :(

CSE.jpg

Link to non-hdri base photo for comparison

Last edited:
Thanks guys! This is my first take at HDRI photography with my car.. I think it turned out pretty good. The pic does have its imperfections though, and that's part of practice! :)

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! now thats what i am talking about. tell us how you did it. my daytime stuff isnt working. i dont know what i am doing wrong.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! now thats what i am talking about. tell us how you did it. my daytime stuff isnt working. i dont know what i am doing wrong.

Mike, what I did was set my camera to M and changed the shutter speeds. This is probably a wrong way of going about things but it works! :laugh:

I set the shutter speed to 20, 180 and 750. Pretty drastic, huh? But the pics turn out sweet!

I set the shutter speed to 20, 180 and 750.

was the 180 the correct exposure? how did you come up with the other two values? one last thing, what was the weather the day you shot it? it looks fantastic! you nailed it.

i think the 20 was under exposed, the 180 was the correct exposure, and 750 was over exposed. he must have started with the 180 for the correct exposure then went from there.

180 was the correct shutter speed.
20 was a bit over exposed
750 is a bit dark. edit I think i confuse my terms but you get what I mean hhaha

Overall, I shot the photo today in overcast.

Should help ya out a bit!
I also played with the settings in tonemapping so that has more to do with it as well.

Thanks for the comments guys, it's appreciated!

Last edited:
Damn dude! The car don't even look that good in person!!!:laugh:

Great pics man.....I need a new camera!:drool:

Last edited:
Damn dude! The car don't even look that good in person!!!:laugh:

I know, isn't that the truth! :laugh: For damn near 13 years old she's holding up good - but even after a beer, an air torch and a new tie rod I still have a clunk in the front end. Feels like my wheelbase gets wider on hard turns, which has me just a -wee- bit concerned for my safety. :eek: Because of that I can't participate in the long awaited SCCA AutoX event here at ECC September 2nd. Look for pics from my brothers run in his blue GT though!

Looks good, although lately a lot of cars have been shot in HDR so it is kind of getting old. As for how to do it properly just do a google search. 30D's have a setting that makes it easier. Mess around with it some more, particularly your aperture instead of shutter speed and you should be able to get more depth of field.

Back