• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Steeda Riser Plate

steeda part # 555-7213, from focus 00-02. thats the one we can use im pretty sure. someone let me know if they can make the plate. ill be down for one also. thanx

Here is a pic of my shifter. Will DyComet's riser plate work or do I need something different?

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • riserplate.jpg
    riserplate.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
Is anyone still interested in this? Pretty sure I can get them made for 10 bucks. Would you want aluminum or plastic? If your interested I will dimension it and get a firm price and then get some made.

I thought aluminum would be better. I will start dimensioning tonight. I would still like to know who else is interested.

Last edited:
I am going to make them. They will be Laser Cut out of 3/8 inch thick aluminum sheet. I will get the dimensions from my 98 CSVT. According to earlier posts you need the 00-02.5 shifter. I will have the part tested before it is release to varify that it works. I should have a prototype done Monday or Tuesday.

I always wanted to install a true short shifter. I'd be down for one of these plates.

So I believe this is the Steeda shifter I need then right?

Also when searching for the lowest price I found a Ford Racing shifter... is it the same as the Steeda shifter??

Last edited:
I always wanted to install a true short shifter. I'd be down for one of these plates.

Also when searching for the lowest price I found a Ford Racing shifter... is it the same as the Steeda shifter??

I just got and installed mine tonight...it's amazing. You'll have a huge grin on your face when you go for that first drive afterwards. Steeda shifters are awesome. I got mine from steeda.com. It cost a bit more than both of your links, but I figured I'd help them out. Plus they have great customer service and really fast shipping. Installation was a breeze too; however, I didn't user the centering spring because I didn't want to cut a notch in the tower. It feels a bit loose, but still centers and allows for quick shifts. I definitely recommend it.

Here is what my riser plate will look like. I will send it out for a quote, should here back monday. I will let you know what the final price will be before I order them just incase something happens. I will find someone local that has a 2000 to verify the shape of their shift tower.

ha-shft-101.jpg

I just heard back from Steve at Tousley Ford. I can get the Ford Shifter in the link below for $71.50 plus shipping! Thats huge! He also believes it's the same shifter as the Steeda one. As he is running the Ford Racing Performance Parts short throw in his SVT Focus.

Before I buy the shifter though I want to know for sure that this riser plate is being made.

Back