• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FOUND a job!

The training part of this job is going to take about 2 weeks and its alot of remembering where to go once you get into the court. Not having alot of experience with going to court its a bit intimidating to say the least, because this file needs to go there and this one here, this one stamped, this one....:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Then there's all the faxing and BS afterwards and the thing is this, the place I'm at right now isn't where I'm going to be, I'll be at a smaller firm in the downtown Birmingham area and I'll need to re-learn their way of doing things. I'm going to give this an honest effort, but in the back of mind I'll be looking for other things too. BTW, I have to interview with another store manager at Discount Tire this Saturday and then another one the following weekend. I just can't get to these stores when I'm way over in the Big Beaver and Livernois area and try to make it to Hall Road and Tilch or 23 mile and I-94 in a half an hour, NEVER going to happen, so I must set up these remaining pre-screening interviews over the next 2 weekends. This is the job I really want and I'm putting my mind to getting it, but at the same time, give this current job my all too:crazy: :help: :crazy: :help:

Can't teach an old dog new tricks? ;) :p j/k

Just don't mention to anyone while you're working there that you're looking elsewhere and don't plan on sticking with the position. Some employers don't like to hear that, and they'll say byebye with a good ol' boot to the ass.

I know better to say something like that Kim:cool: For some reason I really didn't do the math about the mileage in a year and once I did, well, I can say this, its not going to be a long lasting job, no way in hell:shocked:

To and from work: 50 miles est
weekly average: 500 miles est

Total: 37K:eek:

I may have a job right now, but rest assured I'm lookin' still:help:

I know better to say something like that Kim:cool: For some reason I really didn't do the math about the mileage in a year and once I did, well, I can say this, its not going to be a long lasting job, no way in hell:shocked:

To and from work: 50 miles est
weekly average: 500 miles est

Total: 37K:eek:

I may have a job right now, but rest assured I'm lookin' still:help:

You could find your self a 'work' car maybe a tour?

Grats on the job either way. :)

You could find your self a 'work' car maybe a tour?

Grats on the job either way. :)

a tour as a work car... good investment :rolleyes:

If he would really go that route, he would be smart to purchase an older jap car. Maybe a rusted honda civic or Toyota Corolla.

I may look into this if I see myself sticking around doing it for an extended period of time. "Rusty but trusty" is all that matters for something like that:shrug: My MINI may be BMW owned and engineered, but I don't want to be convicted of killing the car in a couple years either:crazy: :help: :blackeye:

Primarily for the automatic trans, if he picked one up with a stick then it would be a little different.

don't make me kill you. there are an assload of tours that make great work cars, auto or not. this site just attracts all the problem cars, and their moron owners. :)

don't make me kill you. there are an assload of tours that make great work cars, auto or not. this site just attracts all the problem cars, and their moron owners. :)

No kidding ^, and why would you even suggest buying a rusted out car? Are there not droves of cheap examples in decent condition out there, or are they locked up in the Disney Vault?

a tour as a work car... good investment :rolleyes:

If he would really go that route, he would be smart to purchase an older jap car. Maybe a rusted honda civic or Toyota Corolla.

I will be adding another vehicle to the fleet

I will be adding another vehicle to the fleet

It appears that this job is going to be long term, well, as of right now and unless I hear something positive from Discount Tire, I'm going to be addressing a need for this new job, the need of another car to use for work:crazy: When I get my income tax check in the winter I'm going to be looking for either a Geo Metro or Civic. A guy around the block has an 88' Civic hatchback w/62K on the clock, original miles! Needless to say, this thing is mint, but he's heard you can get $4-5K for those things, is this really true:shrug: I like the idea of the Geo Metro, hatchback, because of convience and mileage, a 3 cylinder gets great mileage I'm sure:cool: Is there any other suggestions I should be looking at in the $2-2,500K range?

That's something to consider for sure, but I'm a bit concerned about reliability, no offense to anyone currently with one, but when your using your car for work, its something to consider. I'm leaning towards a Civic, Tercell, Metro or Prizm. We had a 96' Prizm brand new back in the day and my wife used it for her work vehicle (mail lady) and when we got rid of it to buy her 02' Trailblazer, it had 96K on the clock and the only thing that we had to have replaced in over 5 years was the battery and starter, that's it. It had the smaller motor and the funny thing was this, no overdrive:crazy: I have some time before I do anything and hopefully I can revisit this post and laugh:laugh:

my corolla was the most reliable thing on earth, which isn't that surprising haha but the good import cars hold value unless beat up or riced out. you should buy a rice-tastic civic, cause that'd be funny.

Yeah, that would be funny, a 37 year old guys, listening to BB King driving around a riced out Civic going to work in Birmingham. Sounds like a bad Fox sit-com:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back