• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT on Autotrader with only 120 miles?

I doubt he has 120 miles on it. Who puts in a stereo if it only has a 120 miles on it. Either way, its a clean car, but not worth the 8K price tag.

very clean paint, and nice interior, but even though the drivers seat is in good shape it still looks like it's had more seat time than 120 miles. that is what i think usually tells the tale on leather interior.

No way

No way

The weird thing is that the 120 miles is listed in 2 places. Once in the miles section and another in the seller's comments. There is no way this car has 120 miles on it. If it does that is a shame that someone bought this car and didn't drive it for 9 years.

could easily be possible. maybe something happened at 120 and its been sitting in a yard until now, someone threw a "new" interior in it and a sub and tries to sell it for 8k. i dunno... but if i were buying it id find out for sure:shrug:

Nobody keeping a svt with 120miles would...

Lower it.
Put rims on it.
Put in an aftermarket radio/sub
Piller with gauges.

They would want to leave it in original form to keep it as a collectors car.

Unless he meant 120 miles on a new engine.:shrug:

I paid close to $8,000 FOR MY CSVT and it only has 65,000 miles on it and it was bone stock when I got it. He must have forgot the "k".

+1 that's what i say
Who puts a new engine in and only drives 120 miles before selling? Even if it's a person who buys a car to turn it around, that's less than half a tank of gas.

I say 120,000. A lot of websites do not enter characters if you type, for example, "120xxx" ... I don't know if Autotrader does that too.

Who puts a new engine in and only drives 120 miles before selling? Even if it's a person who buys a car to turn it around, that's less than half a tank of gas.

so what, there's a rule as to how many miles you have to drive a car after installing a new engine before you can sell it?? maybe the guy blew his motor and just wants to be done with this car??

relax, it's just a possibility.

ok, i got an email back. LETS END THIS THREAD NOW. heres the email...
Shawn
there's 122k on the car. i have a parts list @ home. when i get home i'll
shoot you the list. if you have any questions please call me
thanks

Back