• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FOUND a job!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Well, 2 monthes to the day my "position was eliminated":rolleyes: , I will be starting a new job tomorrow. I'll be working at a law firm in Birmingham! Now before you say anything, NO, I didn't grow a large brain overnight:laugh: Instead I'll be a courier for the firm, transporting documents, packages, etc between places for them. I get a decent base pay, but also get my mileage paid for (37.5 cents per mile) and when you factor in my cars great mileage, I come out head! This isn't exactly what I was looking for, but it will pay the bills and even though I'll be racking up the mileage on my car, I look at it like this, I'll be in my car all the time and because its so fun to drive, I'll be alright. I will be open to other oppurtunites as well because one thing I've learned in this process is noone takes care of you nowadays unless you've got "mad skills" and even then, someone is waiting to pounce. I'll be training out of the Troy office for about a week and half and then I'm on my own. I'm really glad I bought that Garmin now:cool:

Don't forget to deduct the difference between 37.5 and the gov't mileage rate on your taxes.

According the the gov't i think you should be getting like 48.5 or something now.

Don't forget to deduct the difference between 37.5 and the gov't mileage rate on your taxes.

According the the gov't i think you should be getting like 48.5 or something now.

Thanks Derek, I really appreciate that and will look into that:cool:

Congrats, but please consider obtaining a beater. Everyone I know whom has done that kind of work successfully used a $800 beater for it and had it cheaply serviced in the sort of garage taxi drivers go to -- where you'd never take your mini.. It may save you money and peace of mind.

I had the same job in highschool and part of college. It was a great place to work! Nice to know some lawyers, that is for sure. Especially when they are the city attyn's for some of the towns around here. :) Congrats. Oh yeah, one thing to remember, depending on how strict the place is. Someplaces absolutly forbid you doing any sort of personal errands, and they will fire you on the spot if caught doing otherwise. My place didn't care. LOL. After a bit, I kind of moved up in the place. In charge of inventory, ordering, etc. GOOD LUCK! Now I know someone who has a job like I had....ahhhhh. One more thing.....later on, having a Law Firm on your resume is VERY good. I have been offered every other job I have ever applied for. Some I have turned down.

congrats Roger, getting your foot back in the door :)

There is nothing better than a job that lets you do what you love while you are working.

And Dave, I believe Roger sold the regal with the Crossfire.

Congrats, I was starting to get worried that I was going to get a call for an oil field job. LOL ;) Serious though Congrats & drive safe!

glad to hear you found yourself a job man. As much fun as it may be to drive it does kinda suck that you have to drive your own car.

Right now, with my govn't job, we get paid 48.5 cents per mile. I personally like it. I get way more money doing than I am wasting it on gas and overall ware and tare on the car. The milage is normally on top of what I get paid. When I was is training for two weeks for this job, I got a check for almost $600....just milage, cause it was 130 miles round trip each day. Figure I used $150 in gas during that time.

Back