• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Omg I Love My Car!!!!

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

I was merging onto the highway, all was well, got the car in 5th gear and suddenly the car just completely changed, almost as if I blew a spark plug or somthing, started missfiring..pretty much it sounded like a subaru with exhaust, with no power..pulled off the next exit and into this bank in the ghetto side of Boston..Also at the time my 7 month old magnaflow hig-flow cat was glowing red. My engine was also shaking violently. You can see in the last pic how my cat just behind the flex pipe is still kinda red. I requested a flat bed tow truck and this was what I got instead...I was pissed..LUCKILY there were no scrapes in the back after the driver drove us home going 90 on the highway...I still dont know how my car made it home in one piece with no damage :eek:

I love my car! :)

i believe my .99 cent champion plugs finally $hit the bed after 6 months, or atleast im hoping its that, but i dont get why my cat would be glowing, its not blocked or anything..

i believe my .99 cent champion plugs finally $hit the bed after 6 months, or atleast im hoping its that, but i dont get why my cat would be glowing, its not blocked or anything..

i can get you a set of platinums for like $2 a pop...thats what i just paid when i swapped mine out...my good friend manages a parts store

if the spark plugs are not working then you are dumping raw fuel into the cat since you have headers .... just like back when you had the wrong spark plug order and pre-cats where glowing red

LOL @ Kim, I regret poorly funding the 3L while I had it, had I done it right Im 300% positive that Id have a 3L right now. Oh well, you live and learn I guess..

as for plugs, I have magnecore wires and firstly I was running platinums and the magnecores werent matching up with the plugs making my car missfire..It took me a while to figure this out which was when I got cheapo 99 cent Champion plugs and whola that did it. I also had swapped out for a new coil pack..

if the spark plugs are not working then you are dumping raw fuel into the cat since you have headers .... just like back when you had the wrong spark plug order and pre-cats where glowing red

Exactly what i was thinking..so I guess i hafta start with plugs..:shrug:

Strange, the company I use up here has these little dollies for the rear tires that keep the car higher off the ground.

Back