• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Strange question, But Curious

monkey_matt

CEG'er
Bit weird asking a Honda related question on a Ford site but just out of interest what New civic did you guys get? if you got one over there in the first place.

Did you get the UK version?
civictyper07_01.jpg

civictyper07_03.jpg

or JDM version?

typerjdm07_01.jpg

typerjdm07_06.jpg

This belongs in common interests.

But yes we got a version that looks more like the white one. Its ok.:shrug:

Edit: Ours has the front end off the red one and the rear off the second one basically.

Sorry can a Mod move it then please

Ah so a saloon model of ours, hmmmmm the Japs have kept the best version completly to themselves again

Neither of those versions i posted up were Si versions, both Type R, Si is below both of them.

and yeah i could of gone to the Honda website, but when i'm on a Night shift and its the early hours of the morning, half asleep, my brain dont work that well, lol

Neither of those versions i posted up were Si versions, both Type R, Si is below both of them.

and yeah i could of gone to the Honda website, but when i'm on a Night shift and its the early hours of the morning, half asleep, my brain dont work that well, lol

We have never really gotten a Civic Type R, but I heard Honda has something up their sleves for the US market.

The Civic Si here is pretty nice, I will admit. The motor puts down a respectable 193 horses, NA. but has like, no torque whatso ever.

We have never really gotten a Civic Type R, but I heard Honda has something up their sleves for the US market.

The Civic Si here is pretty nice, I will admit. The motor puts down a respectable 193 horses, NA. but has like, no torque whatso ever.

Yeah, a friend of mine purchased a brand new 2007 Civic Si. I thought it was rather BA, but it doesn't really have any go. Betcha most of the Tour owners here could smoke him. He said he ran like a 15.something at the track. I was like wtf?

Mugen Civic Type RR is pushing 240bhp and has beaten the latest Teg R (quoted at being the best handling FWD car) round the track and apparently handles better than the Teg as well (Teg=Integra=Acura RSX for anyone who doesn't know)

and the reason they have no Torque is because of the VTEC system giving all the power high into the revs, Honda's are very quick, but only when driven properly

Mugen Civic Type RR is pushing 240bhp and has beaten the latest Teg R (quoted at being the best handling FWD car) round the track and apparently handles better than the Teg as well (Teg=Integra=Acura RSX for anyone who doesn't know)

and the reason they have no Torque is because of the VTEC system giving all the power high into the revs, Honda's are very quick, but only when driven properly

What about whp? Last time I checked wasn't the Civic Si 197 whp?

Back