• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Various pics, HDR, night, etc.

Ok one more try at HDR. And thanks Steve for the help and additional (info :D)

Shot at 2007-08-15

Hey! My car should be in there with you. I had it all pretty ready to go but then it rained. Let me know when you're going out to take some more and I'll come with ya.

Hey! My car should be in there with you. I had it all pretty ready to go but then it rained. Let me know when you're going out to take some more and I'll come with ya.

Probably this weekend. And Kenwood Mall's new garage is pretty sweet for some pics. Message me if you want to roll Saturday

yeah those shots dont look HDR to me. what is the process that you are using? maybe i can help with my limited HDR experience.

I'm sure there's a big difference in quality mainly because of you having a much better camera.

When it comes to the HDR process, I don't think it compliments the T-Red too well. It seems much more like a burgundy color.

Last edited:
yeah I thought so too. Well I unlocked the program so that may have opened some of the features to me. If you can see it as a background at full res, it looks really good.

I'm sure there's a big difference in quality mainly because of you having a much better camera.

When it comes to the HDR process, I don't think it compliments the T-Red too well. It seems much more like a burgundy color.

yeah...mikey is your camera an SLR?? same question for the OP

yeah those shots dont look HDR to me. what is the process that you are using? maybe i can help with my limited HDR experience. here is soundQsvt's ride i shot using the HDR process...
picture.JPG
Sweet mother of god, that is one nice photo.

thanks. green svt, with the pics you sent me i only could get a result like the second one you did. you did exposures of -2,0,+2? they look like maybe you stepped them 1 stop but not two.

you know when I did the program they said that too, but I'm pretty sure I went back 2 and up 2. Again the lighting wasnt great in the garge since right when I got there they turned 1/2 the lights off, so hopefully this weekend I'll get some more and then you can do your magic...lol :D

Ok one more try at HDR. And thanks Steve for the help and additional (info :D)

Shot at 2007-08-15

No problem Steve :laugh:

This is my irst attemp with Photomatix, just went to tone mapping, left te original settings and here she is....

I tried in Photoshop CS2 also but it won't let me save as a jpeg for some odd reason....

Last edited:
tone map, save as .tiff then open in photoshop and apply curves. maybe more than one curve. coo?

No problem Steve :laugh:

This is my irst attemp with Photomatix, just went to tone mapping, left te original settings and here she is....

I tried in Photoshop CS2 also but it won't let me save as a jpeg for some odd reason....

Man that looks great man. I'm def going to take some more this weekend. In that pic thought I love the red glow through the trees. Thanks for the password btw.

M!key, question for you, what program do you use to do your HDR, I have a Kodak DX7630 6.1MP camera. I'd like to do some HDR pics, but I don't know if I have the right software. Can Adobe Photoshop CS2 do HDR? I need to clean the bugs off my car and wax it again and go photo shooting again!!! I love taking pictures.

The program being used is called Photomatix. Mikey showed me the way and today I shot my first HDR photos, though it's only of a nice rock I've had laying around a long time.. :laugh: Shiny rock huh? lol

HDRI.jpg

The program being used is called Photomatix. Mikey showed me the way and today I shot my first HDR photos, though it's only of a nice rock I've had laying around a long time.. :laugh: Shiny rock huh? lol

HDRI.jpg

I have to say I like your rock :shrug: Yeah photomatix is pretty good at explaning how to use it as long as you dont mess with the settings to much. And the program cost 90$ if you want the pic to have no stamp on it.....cough[thanks steve]cough :laugh:

Back