• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mustang Fuel system/ irs exhaust

turbo_fox

Veteran CEG'er
i hope this wont lean out anymore, dual 255 lph. I think people will know somethings up when they come up from behind and see this, plus I love IRS pipes:

dsc00647mediumxf8.jpg

for now i am. I will switch to a sumped tank later, for now its just this:

http://www.cartech.net/fuelsystems.htm

cartech stage 3

I wish I remember the year to year variations on the tank internal layouts better, but I know that certain years, the way the slosh cup is setup, if you have a big enough pump setup (which you certainly do) you can basically empty the entire cup on a run because it doesn't fill back fast enough, and go lean, despite still having as much as a half tank of fuel still.

I hope this won't be the case for you . . . but, if you are still having issues with that setup, then you at least know where to look.

I wish I remember the year to year variations on the tank internal layouts better, but I know that certain years, the way the slosh cup is setup, if you have a big enough pump setup (which you certainly do) you can basically empty the entire cup on a run because it doesn't fill back fast enough, and go lean, despite still having as much as a half tank of fuel still.

I hope this won't be the case for you . . . but, if you are still having issues with that setup, then you at least know where to look.

I'd like to think I won't have a problem. My diablo chip fried and ran the injectors wide open (60 lb/hr) for about 45 seconds and i never lost any fuel pressure. I would think if dual 255's and 8-60 lb/hr run wide open couldnt empty it then I wont have to worry, but I guess I will see. I would have a sumped tank if i didn't have to rebuild my 18k mile engine now that all the extra fuel washed the film and killed the cylinder walls. thanks diablo!

At first I saw that went damn RWD CONTOUR!!!! and it made me depressed to see it was just another Mustang :rolleyes: :laugh:

But some damn nice work! Congrats!

Back