• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hightowers and eyelids on SF and SF oval

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
Ok I just got the lights done and back in the car. I hightowered the lights black and did a body color eyelid and also color matched the grill ring. These are night pics so they aren't the greatest but here ya go.

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

Look good! I would love to see day-time pictures. This is exactly what I have planned for my car. I already stripped my oval and I am looking for a spare set of headlights for cheap. Anyone?

I didn't even strip this oval I cleaned it with some acetone and then used duplicolor adhesion promoter and then sprayed it. worked better than I had expected. day time pics will be posted tomorrow

I always kinda felt that the black hightowers on a silver car made it look like it got a couple punches. I think that the marker reflectors being painted black is a bit too much black on a silver car. But the eyelids look good, hope you got the lights sealed up good.

I think the paint on your oval is a bit off in terms of color.... might jsut be the pictures tho.

from the pics it looks like you need a couple more coats on the eyebrows. Maybe a little wet sanding and another 2 coats and then some clear.

Looks ok. Eyelids and oval color don't match the rest of the car. Color matched, it think it would look dead sexy.

i dont like it very much on the silverfrost, too drastic i think...idk, but i like the eyelids and the painted oval

its just the color..black is really dull. Now I love what puddles did with the graphite, that revives the headlight but however blacking it out makes it look just weird..:blackeye:

what do you tell a silverfrost thats been hightower'd...nothing, you already told it twice, haha, im just kidding...to each his own, if you like it then rock it

to pull of the headlights you'd need some black rims or black/polished lip rims........ other then that they look great.

I like it! The grill looks right at home. Pen_Two is on the money with painting the radiator supports behind the grill black. Or at least, that's what I think he's talking about. :crazy:

Thanks guys. The work isnt done yet on the eyelids. They have no clear on them yet and I havent sanded. The paint hasn't cured totally yet so It will match up I think after it's all said and done. I'm getting a CF hood so I think it will all look great together. The paint better match I searched forever for it! As far as the grill goes I ordered Stazi Gen 2 so it should not be as noticeable after that is installed!

Back